TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: Da Sun Belt

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    24,215

    Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by EaglePA-C View Post
    I think BillyBob was referring to the top G5 conference in bowls. Does that still get a bonus payout?
    I believe it does.

    The conference also still have a chance to be awarded for the best hotel record too. We are the only conference not to have won that. That's what I was referring to. I'll honestly admit I wasn't even thinking about the top G5 thing 😕

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta/Brookhaven
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, they said they sold 40,000 tickets for the game, one of the best attendance I've seen for a minor bowl. Very good crowd there. I've always liked Doug Martin, class guy.
    This city really supported the bowl. That’s where most of the tickets were sold. I saw an interview during the game that said all proceeds of the ticket sales went to charity.

  3. #93

    Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Sorry, but if it ain't the Bahamas Bowl it ain't ****.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/CFB/comment...nd_im_here_to/

  4. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Belt will have the best win percentage in bowl games in the G5 for the second year in a row. Maybe it's not as bad as some make it out to be...
    I agree. I thought they might win two of them.

  5. #95

    Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Belt will have the best win percentage in bowl games in the G5 for the second year in a row. Maybe it's not as bad as some make it out to be...
    bowl wise we are doing good, representing 1AA, oops!, I mean G5!s proudly(just messing with you FBS guys/smile).

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    42,303

    Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    So apparently the BG1 did win the bowl cup despite the Harbaugh choke. With more games it was a percentage thing .875 vs .800.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    24,215

    Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    So apparently the BG1 did win the bowl cup despite the Harbaugh choke. With more games it was a percentage thing .875 vs .800.
    Well if stAte could actually win OOC games, we'd have been at 1.000.Also, we knew as soon as they were undefeated prior to that game that there was no way the B1G wouldn't win it. Math just wasn't on our side at that point. SBC is still the only conference not to finish with the best bowl record.


  8. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Well if stAte could actually win OOC games, we'd have been at 1.000.Also, we knew as soon as they were undefeated prior to that game that there was no way the B1G wouldn't win it. Math just wasn't on our side at that point. SBC is still the only conference not to finish with the best bowl record.
    Please tweet all your anger on this to Blake Anderson. He just blocks us when we dare question him, but hey, maybe he'll listen to someone else.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Lake Oconee & Savannah
    Posts
    1,395

    Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    Please tweet all your anger on this to Blake Anderson. He just blocks us when we dare question him, but hey, maybe he'll listen to someone else.
    Not sure about the dollars we (the Sun Belt) are missing with Arkansas State's bowl loss but can I presume that your post is an offer to make up the difference?
    "You should always expect to get back less than you put in. Thus, if you put nothing in, you should expect to get less than nothing back"

  10. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

    Quote Originally Posted by GeecheeEagle View Post
    Not sure about the dollars we (the Sun Belt) are missing with Arkansas State's bowl loss but can I presume that your post is an offer to make up the difference?

    The Sun Belt lost approximately zero dollars from our loss. (There is no monetary reward for Bowl Challenge cup...it's just an ESPN thing). Now, could that loss hurt us in the Final G5 rankings? Sure. However, there's also little chance it had any impact into things given how bad the league was OOC pre Bowls.

    I think the league actually will make a small profit off the bowls this year since outside of Georgia State to Orlando, all the teams sold enough tickets to offset a bunch of their bowl expenses. League doesn't have to supplement as much, which means a larger share for everyone else.

    Though I will point out for the thousandth or so time that if you guys have an issue with our terrible method of going about things, then you should...you know...beat us. Fastest way to get Blake Anderson out of a job here is going to be a few conference opponents actually challenging us.

Similar Threads

  1. We only win because we are in the Sun Belt?
    By BillyBob in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 25th December 2015, 10:21 AM
  2. Welcome to the Sun Belt....
    By Pike51 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 17th September 2014, 03:05 PM
  3. EKU / SUN BELT
    By JDC325 in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 1st March 2014, 09:30 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •