TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Da Sun Belt

Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Touche’ Chiefsfan, Touché, seems some in our fan base forget the part about us having never beaten ASU since SunBelt play. Oh yea, we beat you in 1986 for a Natty in Tacoma Washington. I was there and will never forget that experience but this is 2018. Don’t think us GS fans have a lot to brag about right now.��

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsfan View Post
    The Sun Belt lost approximately zero dollars from our loss. (There is no monetary reward for Bowl Challenge cup...it's just an ESPN thing). Now, could that loss hurt us in the Final G5 rankings? Sure. However, there's also little chance it had any impact into things given how bad the league was OOC pre Bowls.

I think the league actually will make a small profit off the bowls this year since outside of Georgia State to Orlando, all the teams sold enough tickets to offset a bunch of their bowl expenses. League doesn't have to supplement as much, which means a larger share for everyone else.

Though I will point out for the thousandth or so time that if you guys have an issue with our terrible method of going about things, then you should...you know...beat us. Fastest way to get Blake Anderson out of a job here is going to be a few conference opponents actually challenging us.
    We absolutely would have in both 2016 and 2017 with competent coaching.

Yeah. Beating Tyson Summers in two seasons by the slimmest of margins is an embarrassment.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

4. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Though I will point out for the thousandth or so time that if you guys have an issue with our terrible method of going about things, then you should...you know...beat us. Fastest way to get Blake Anderson out of a job here is going to be a few conference opponents actually challenging us.
    Personally, I have zero interest in a movement that supports replacing BA with a better HC. StAte just needs to win some flippin OOC games and stop being the leading contributor to an already weak conference perception.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Personally, I have zero interest in a movement that supports replacing BA with a better HC. StAte just needs to win some flippin OOC games and stop being the leading contributor to an already weak conference perception.
    This. The dude almost lost to Tyson flippin' Summers.

I like to keep him around. A coach with a pulse should beat him.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

The Sun Belt lost approximately zero dollars from our loss. (There is no monetary reward for Bowl Challenge cup...it's just an ESPN thing). Now, could that loss hurt us in the Final G5 rankings? Sure. However, there's also little chance it had any impact into things given how bad the league was OOC pre Bowls.

I think the league actually will make a small profit off the bowls this year since outside of Georgia State to Orlando, all the teams sold enough tickets to offset a bunch of their bowl expenses. League doesn't have to supplement as much, which means a larger share for everyone else.

i totally agree. Losing to Ark State has been two of our most embarrassing losses.
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

It's the way we lost to stAte. They had us 5 turnovers to 0. We got 1 freaking 1st down out of it, did we score? Then 6 to's this year and still can't beat them.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

8. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Didn't we lose to New Hampshire this year? And go 1-7 OOC the past two years?

9. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
    Didn't we lose to New Hampshire this year? And go 1-7 OOC the past two years?
    Yes, GS lost to an FCS program, the same year we won a total of 2 games. StAte also recently lost to an FCS program (and Toledo, and Utah State) and then they won the SBC title. You tell me which scenario contributes more to the weak perception of our conference.... the conference bottom-feeder (that every conference has) or the conference champion that went 1-4 OOC with a FCS loss?

10. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Yes, GS lost to an FCS program, the same year we won a total of 2 games. StAte also recently lost to an FCS program (and Toledo, and Utah State) and then they won the SBC title. You tell me which scenario contributes more to the weak perception of our conference.... the conference bottom-feeder (that every conference has) or the conference champion that went 1-4 OOC with a FCS loss?
    It's a "glass houses" argument and a particularly dumb one at that.