TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 101112

Thread: Da Sun Belt

Default Re: Da Sun Belt

The bottom line, untill proven differently, we STINK.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    The bottom line, untill proven differently, we STINK.

The Coaching of 2016-First Half of 2017 Stinks

The players ?

I think we really have no idea if they are not good or the product of horrid coaching.

3. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Personally, I have zero interest in a movement that supports replacing BA with a better HC. StAte just needs to win some flippin OOC games and stop being the leading contributor to an already weak conference perception.
    There's been some discussion that Anderson was going to be out of a job in 2016 before Summers came to town. He and the AD had a meeting until 1am 3-4 days before the game. AD claimed they were going over "game film" but the reality is, a couple more losses and he's probably out. Instead we beat you guys, got momentum and ran over the league again before beating UCF in the bowl

The two sort of work hand in hand. You guys can beat us all you want, but beating us is going to get Anderson fired, because the one thing his contract is very big on, is he does not get an extension unless he does one of two things A: Win 8 games or B: Win the Sun Belt. Given our general incompetence in OOC play, multiple years without an SBC Title is going to end up costing him a job.

4. Default Re: Da Sun Belt

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    We absolutely would have in both 2016 and 2017 with competent coaching.
    Pretty much. You would have destroyed us in 2016, and this year would have been a much closer game and probably a win for you. I'm far more mad about 2016 because we had no business winning the Sun Belt that year, and we ended up winning it and convincing some of our moderate fans that we were good again.

Thankfully the only people who would look at our 7-5 record this year and go "Hey, Good year" are Razorback fans. Not as big of an issue now.

Quote Originally Posted by VorlonEagle View Post
    The players ?

I think we really have no idea if they are not good or the product of horrid coaching.
    I'm not sure horrid players could produce two good games where they looked like winners, back to back, so I think that implicates the coaching. Personally I think we would have played better at Coastal if the players had not known it would increase the chances of the horrid coordinators staying. They figured they had accomplished their goal after Lunsford was hired, in effect. Maybe "figured" isn't the word, because I doubt if anybody wanted to lose as a plan, but the circumstances had an influence.