Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next 3 basketball games all on ESPN3

1. Default Re: Next 3 basketball games all on ESPN3

Ike and Tookie combine for 9 points

Default Re: Next 3 basketball games all on ESPN3

Quote Originally Posted by 12th man View Post
    Ike and Tookie combine for 7 points
    Ike is no where close to healthy, I'm starting to get concerned about Ike's health. Tookie, IMO that's on CB, he needs to tell Tookie to heck with the assists, they will come. Time to let Tookie loose, score #4 and score big.

3. Default Re: Next 3 basketball games all on ESPN3

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Ike is no where close to healthy, I'm starting to get concerned about Ike's health. Tookie, IMO that's on CB, he needs to tell Tookie to heck with the assists, they will come. Time to let Tookie loose, score #4 and score big.
    Agreed on Tookie. He's the one guy who I'm ok with forcing shots or even taking bad shots.

This team tends to force things when they aren't shooting well. They take too many bad shots trying to shoot out of a slump.

4. Default Re: Next 3 basketball games all on ESPN3

Mike committed a really bad foul at the end. We're missing Ike big time. Hamilton as well. Just what exactly is Ike's injury? I feel like GS basketball is on Tyson Summers lockdown report.

5. Default Re: Next 3 basketball games all on ESPN3

Something definitely wrong with Ike. Hope he can get back to old form.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1
    Ike is not 100%, I guess we gave him some minutes tonight to start knocking the rust off. Tookie must take more shots. He was 3-4 today. He is too unselfish at times, CB must make him play more aggressive on the offensive end when we aren't shooting the ball well.

That’s been my only complaint about Tookie....he’s too unselfish.

At the end of the day the only thing that matters is the conference tournament. So get Ike as ready as possible for Conference play. If he’s not healthy then sit him.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

8. Default Re: Next 3 basketball games all on ESPN3

Vs Kennesaw tomorrow. They are 1-8 so we don t need to lose to them

KSU has played a brutal schedule, I’m not sure our record would be any different with who they have played. Will probably be a test as they have played against some really stout athletes. Need to get back to playing better in the offensive side of the ball. Last game Tookie got frustrated by lack of calls and the physical play. He got out of his game at the end. The guy that didn’t get enough shots was Jake. Should have set a play for him to take a 3 on the final shot. Jones doesn’t have enough strength to finish at the hole against a team like CSBU. They are too big and physical inside. Screen for Jake on the perimeter and drive inside to draw D then flip to Jake in a corner and take our chances. What shouldn’t be lost is the excellent defense played by both teams in that game. A clinic on matchup zone and Man on man by both squads. I know mike makes the silly foul at the end but prior to that he makes the bucket and one to tie the game. He is a gamer. Made a mistake but we had enough time to get the game with a 3.

74-66 Eagles with 2:11 to go. All Tookie tonight with 25 points. Can’t beg for free throws. Gotta step that up.