TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jaalon

Default Jaalon

Anyone think he has a shot in winning the QB job for 2018? He is significantly taller than Shai and looks just as fast.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Default Re: Jaalon

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Anyone think he has a shot in winning the QB job for 2018? He is significantly taller than Shai and looks just as fast.
    Heavens no.

Shai is the truth

after seeing some of the passes Shai made the last few games and the way he has developed, if Jaalon comes out and just looks that better than Shai, then more power to him.

Jaalon will earn playing time and push Shai

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    Heavens no.
    Because we have never seen a true FR take a second years QB's spot lately? I hear it happens. Honestly I think it is a long shot but hope he sees significant time hopefully in mop up duty.

you missed JDC's point.

Because we have never seen a true FR take a second years QB's spot lately? I hear it happens. Honestly I think it is a long shot but hope he sees significant time hopefully in mop up duty.
    Semantics of course, but he would be a redshirt freshman. Unlike the other scenario you allude to.

If he can go up against Wertz and win the job, I am feeling pretty good going into next year. Wertz struggled, but has that year of experience, so Jaalon would have to be really impressive.
    Last edited by AcctEagle221; 19th December 2017 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Semantics of course, but he would be a redshirt freshman. Unlike the other scenario you allude to.

If he can go up against Wertz and win the job, I am feeling pretty good going into next year. Wertz struggled, but has that year of experience, so Jaalon would have to be really impressive.
    Not semantics you are right, but I was referring to Fromm being a true FR should have just went with FR....Glad he got a year of lifting, "coaching" and film study even more to push Shai this fall though.

you missed JDC's point.

9. Default Re: Jaalon

My perception of our new offense (based only on UNM highlights), is their will be a lot of moving parts (pre and post snap), quick decisions and pitches to be made.... None of which I personally viewed to be Werts' strongest assets. So, yes, I anticipate he being challenged by Jaalon.

10. Default Re: Jaalon

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    My perception of our new offense (based only on UNM highlights), is their will be a lot of moving parts (pre and post snap), quick decisions and pitches to be made.... Non of which I personally viewed to be Werts' strongest assets. So, yes, I anticipate he being challenged by Jaalon.
    I agree gonna depend on who can make the reads best. Not sure how similar some of the stuff we ran this year will be ( I’m thinking not any) but Shai knows the speed of the game now so he may have advantage.