TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NSD #1

1. Default Re: NSD #1

I donít care if these kids become All Americans. Just hope they can play winning football.

Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Anecdotal evidence is cool
    Momma always said "evidence is is evidence does"...

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Yeah literally thousands upon thousands of recruits but lets pull up the the one guy we can think of that did better than their ranking years ago. 100000 rankings right 10 wrong they are WORTHLESS!! Not taking a swipe but we played in the FCS and Sun Belt not quite the SEC but close...Literally the numbers in the post and people still ignore it. Congrats to all two star and below you were 1 in 127+ to be all american which is a lot less than 1 in 4 which is the point....
    My point was simply that A) stars aren't really all they're cracked up to be, and B) player development is very important...I would say at least as important as rankings.

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Yeah literally thousands upon thousands of recruits but lets pull up the the one guy we can think of that did better than their ranking years ago. 100000 rankings right 10 wrong they are WORTHLESS!! Not taking a swipe but we played in the FCS and Sun Belt not quite the SEC but close...Literally the numbers in the post and people still ignore it. Congrats to all two star and below you were 1 in 127+ to be all american which is a lot less than 1 in 4 which is the point....
    I thought this was about putting the parts in place we need and those guys like 58 excelling and beating those odds. You are right we are not SEC so we have to mine the diamonds in the rough.

Edit I was being snarky but hey it's almost Christmas
    Last edited by GSUNCSU; 20th December 2017 at 07:07 PM.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Ok,

Let's play a hypothetical game.

We have CL for 5 years. Would you rather have classes ranked 115 every year, or in the 60s? You have to bet $5,000 on which team would perform better. Which are you betting on?

6. Default Re: NSD #1

I think the star ranking system is good for the majority of the football world. I don't think it'll be all things to all people, especially if you run a rather obscure system like the triple option. Whatever star gets us what we need to execute the TO deadly levels is good enough for me. If that means no stars, I don't care.

Ok,

We have CL for 5 years. Would you rather have classes ranked 115 every year, or in the 60s? You have to bet $5,000 on which team would perform better. Which are you betting on?
    Which Sunbelt team is in the 60s consistently over 5 years?
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Ok,

Depends on the coach. Ricth couldn't win the SEC with top 10 classes. Not a single NFL draft pick last season. Kirby has them in the playoffs in his 1st year with those same recruits. Lane Kiffin took a team full of 0/1/2/3 stars from 3 wins to 11 in a single year. We've seen other P5's fire coaches with loaded talent but can't even make a bowl game. Brady Hoke had 11 guys get drafted last year yet he couldn't even win 6 games with that talent. Jim Harbaugh won 10? games with those recruits.

No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    Which Sunbelt team is in the 60s consistently over 5 years?
    Same amount of teams that have been in contention for a NYE bowl

10. Default Re: NSD #1

I donít know about the stars Iíd rather have them than not but I have seen CJ Wright play and I would take a team full of him. Heís what 2 stars? Take a look at Najeeís film. That kid is a heck of an athlete. The Juco kid is a flat out steal.
    Tyson screwed recruiting this year from the start. Whatever we end up with will be better than what we would have had with him regardless of numbers and stars.