TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: NSD #1

Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Someone answer this question for me please? What coach in all of football doesn't want kids that "fit" their program? Everyone wants kids that work hard, go to class and make good grades, stay out of trouble and run 4.5 40's, etc.
    Lol. Exactly. Or a rb that is strong, agile, with good speed that can catch passes out of the backfield.

And what gets lost in all this, is we are still going after the same type of defensive players as everybody else.

When we signed brinson and vildor, they were two of the higher rates recruits we got in that cycle. Everybody was excited about those two. And guess what, they are both really good.

2. Default Re: NSD #1

Ask Mark Richt how that worked out for him...all the talent in the world and he still found ways to lose winnable games. It doesn't matter how many stars players have if they're undeveloped/poorly coached (see 2016/17 Georgia Southern football).

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    You have a much greater chance of having a better team. That fact cannot be debated. It has been proven over and over again.

And again, taking 1 good game as proof of this, doesn't work.

This thread is the poster child for the value of the eagles nest........
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Exactly the point I was making when people tried to compare our skill level with that of Alabama because of our one good game against them.
    Glad I could help!

Quote Originally Posted by GATA28 View Post
    Ask Mark Richt how that worked out for him...all the talent in the world and he still found ways to lose winnable games. It doesn't matter how many stars players have if they're undeveloped/poorly coached (see 2016/17 Georgia Southern football).
    Richt did about as well as he recruited. He was a top 10-15 recruiter that coached in a conference that was tougher to win in then the teams he was ranked behind most years. Richt also wasn't getting a ton of guys at the top of their position group or a lot of good OL. Not to mention he stayed loyal to mediocre S&C coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Richt did about as well as he recruited. He was a top 10-15 recruiter that coached in a conference that was tougher to win in then the teams he was ranked behind most years. Richt also wasn't getting a ton of guys at the top of their position group or a lot of good OL. Not to mention he stayed loyal to mediocre S&C coaches.

I always laugh at this theory that Richt was a great recruiter at UGA. He was a decent recruiter at a school that is easy to recruit at. Now if Kirby Smart doesn’t succeed then by all means people can say he lost with all the talent in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    I saw the post. That was also 11 years ago or more? More scouts, more evaluators, more camps (like WAY WAY more), social media, recruiting promotors & sites, etc... . There is more of a chance I get in a wreck in my driveway than a prospect that plays any sort high(ish) level of competitive football to go completely discounted.

I'm sorry, but some of you have your head in the sand.

This is a classic case of the bad side of the argument so all the chicken little's are agreeing. If we had 15 3 stars, everyone would be dancing in the streets talking about the stars. WHen you don't have them, you get player development conversations and stars don't matter conversations. It is what fans on the bad side of the coin say.
    You are absolutely right!

This thread is why I don't spend a minute of my life worrying about recruiting.
    I just wait to see the product on the field come game day.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaceagle View Post
    This. I remember how Prince McJunkins was the next savior.
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by hvaceagle View Post
    Same tired back and forth between the usual suspects. Quite predictable.