TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: NSD #1

Default Re: NSD #1

In KC for X-mas, K-State got 2 kids from GA and Missouri got 2 kids from GA.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    In KC for X-mas, K-State got 2 kids from GA and Missouri got 2 kids from GA.
    CHRISTmas..... Just saying
    "Tis the reason for the season"

3. Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but Xmas, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ".[1] The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.[2]

There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas", but its use dates back to the 16th century.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

Edit: Klak beat me to it
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    This thread is the poster child for the value of the eagles nest........
    So, there’s not all of the in-your-face “I know more than you” in the pay site?

I just lost an hour of my life trying to figure out if we had a good early signing and still don’t know the answer.

Im as you guys know not the greatest a typing so I try shortcuts most the time. 3:16, John.

I like getting the 3 new safeties, overall I wasn't overly impressed with our safety play this past season. Maybe one of the new ones can come in and make a positive impact. Can't be having wide receiver running wide open with no GS defender within 15-20 yards, doesn't look good if you know what I mean(smile).

8. Default Re: NSD #1

Im as you guys know not the greatest a typing so I try shortcuts most the time. 3:16, John.
    Thank you. Greatest message for any message board.

9. Default Re: NSD #1

I like getting the 3 new safeties, overall I wasn't overly impressed with our safety play this past season. Maybe one of the new ones can come in and make a positive impact. Can't be having wide receiver running wide open with no GS defender within 15-20 yards, doesn't look good if you know what I mean(smile).
    Agree. Fixing that might mean 2 or 3 wins by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but Xmas, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ".[1] The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.[2]

There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas", but its use dates back to the 16th century.

+1