TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 294

Thread: NSD #1

  1. #251
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,248

    Default Re: NSD #1

    In KC for X-mas, K-State got 2 kids from GA and Missouri got 2 kids from GA.

  2. #252

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    In KC for X-mas, K-State got 2 kids from GA and Missouri got 2 kids from GA.
    CHRISTmas..... Just saying
    "Tis the reason for the season"

  3. Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    CHRISTmas..... Just saying
    "Tis the reason for the season"
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

    Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but Xmas, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ".[1] The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.[2]

    There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas", but its use dates back to the 16th century.



  4. #254

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    CHRISTmas..... Just saying
    "Tis the reason for the season"
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

    Edit: Klak beat me to it
    I hope we build a statue to Chad Lunsford one day and he elbow drops us to victory after glorious victory!!!!

  5. #255

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by GSCBBA1987 View Post
    This thread is the poster child for the value of the eagles nest........
    So, there’s not all of the in-your-face “I know more than you” in the pay site?

    I just lost an hour of my life trying to figure out if we had a good early signing and still don’t know the answer.

  6. #256
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,248

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    CHRISTmas..... Just saying
    "Tis the reason for the season"
    Im as you guys know not the greatest a typing so I try shortcuts most the time. 3:16, John.

  7. #257
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Statesboro
    Posts
    25,248

    Default Re: NSD #1

    I like getting the 3 new safeties, overall I wasn't overly impressed with our safety play this past season. Maybe one of the new ones can come in and make a positive impact. Can't be having wide receiver running wide open with no GS defender within 15-20 yards, doesn't look good if you know what I mean(smile).

  8. Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Im as you guys know not the greatest a typing so I try shortcuts most the time. 3:16, John.
    Thank you. Greatest message for any message board.

  9. Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    I like getting the 3 new safeties, overall I wasn't overly impressed with our safety play this past season. Maybe one of the new ones can come in and make a positive impact. Can't be having wide receiver running wide open with no GS defender within 15-20 yards, doesn't look good if you know what I mean(smile).
    Agree. Fixing that might mean 2 or 3 wins by itself.

  10. #260

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xmas

    Xmas is a common abbreviation of the word Christmas. It is sometimes pronounced /ˈɛksməs/, but Xmas, and variants such as Xtemass, originated as handwriting abbreviations for the typical pronunciation /ˈkrɪsməs/. The "X" comes from the Greek letter Chi, which is the first letter of the Greek word Χριστός, which in English is "Christ".[1] The "-mas" part is from the Latin-derived Old English word for Mass.[2]

    There is a common misconception that the word Xmas stems from a secular attempt to remove the religious tradition from Christmas[3] by taking the "Christ" out of "Christmas", but its use dates back to the 16th century.


    +1

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •