TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: NSD #1

1. Default Re: NSD #1

2. Default Re: NSD #1

We picked up another LOI this morning. Javon Reid of Lincoln County HS. He is a 6-0 170lb QB/CB. He is not listed in 247, but after looking at his videos he shows the speed and athleticism often seen at GS. It looks like we plan to play him at CB/S on the defensive side, although he shows great skills at running the ball too.

Javon Reid
    Pos: S
    Ht: 6-0
    Wt: 170
    Hometown: Lincolnton, Ga.
    High School: Lincoln County
    Of Note: An honorable mention all-state player for the Group A level as named by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution … Named the Region 7-A Co-Offensive Player of the Year as a senior … Threw and ran for more than 1,000 yards each in his final two seasons

Head Coach Chad Lunsford on Reid: "Javon is a defensive back who played quarterback for Lincoln County. He could play safety or corner for us on the defensive side of the ball, or could even play offense if we needed him to. In Javon, we're getting a great athlete who can add value to either side of the ball."

Recruiting Coordinator Chris Foster on Reid: "Javon is a guy who I feel like is going to make this team better. He played at a small school in Georgia, but I feel like his upside is sky high. He played mostly quarterback in high school, but also played some defensive back. I really think he's a steal for us. He's a ball hawk and he was under-recruited based solely on where he played."
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Default Re: NSD #1

So, playing for Lincoln County now means flying under the radar? Man, have times changed.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by CJAK View Post
    So, there’s not all of the in-your-face “I know more than you” in the pay site?

I just lost an hour of my life trying to figure out if we had a good early signing and still don’t know the answer.
    The answer is “no.” But it’s not a big deal. Perspective.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    So, playing for Lincoln County now means flying under the radar? Man, have times changed.
    Coach speak
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

6. Default Re: NSD #1

I like that we are taking athletes who have already played multiple positions. Some of our best players in the past ended up switching positions from what they were recruited for.

7. Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    I like that we are taking athletes who have already played multiple positions. Some of our best players in the past ended up switching positions from what they were recruited for.
    Yes and I think that's what CCL is looking at as a priority in his recruiting approach. Recruit athleticism and he'll find a position or spot that not only best fits the athlete but the team. We've been successful with past teams switching player positions when necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Probably because Lincoln Co. is single A.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    We picked up another LOI this morning. Javon Reid of Lincoln County HS. He is a 6-0 170lb QB/CB. He is not listed in 247, but after looking at his videos he shows the speed and athleticism often seen at GS. It looks like we plan to play him at CB/S on the defensive side, although he shows great skills at running the ball too.

Javon Reid
    Pos: S
    Ht: 6-0
    Wt: 170
    Hometown: Lincolnton, Ga.
    High School: Lincoln County
    Of Note: An honorable mention all-state player for the Group A level as named by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution … Named the Region 7-A Co-Offensive Player of the Year as a senior … Threw and ran for more than 1,000 yards each in his final two seasons

Head Coach Chad Lunsford on Reid: "Javon is a defensive back who played quarterback for Lincoln County. He could play safety or corner for us on the defensive side of the ball, or could even play offense if we needed him to. In Javon, we're getting a great athlete who can add value to either side of the ball."

Recruiting Coordinator Chris Foster on Reid: "Javon is a guy who I feel like is going to make this team better. He played at a small school in Georgia, but I feel like his upside is sky high. He played mostly quarterback in high school, but also played some defensive back. I really think he's a steal for us. He's a ball hawk and he was under-recruited based solely on where he played."
    If Lincoln County HS is as good as they use to be, I would definitely take one of their best players...

If I remember correctly Cherard Freeman played at Lincoln County...
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

10. Default Re: NSD #1

As did Flint Matthews. This past season was not one of LCHS best, but there were very competitive as always. Any kid who starts at Lincoln County, especially one who plays both ways, is a fundamentally good football player.