TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2627282930 LastLast

Thread: NSD #1

Default Re: NSD #1

Garrison Hearst played at Lincoln County. He certainly didn't fly under the radar. I'm having a hard time understanding our recruiting strategy. This kid may be an all American one day but the fact is, he's not showing any other offers except ours. Confused? I am.

2. Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Eagle View Post
    If Lincoln County HS is as good as they use to be, I would definitely take one of their best players...

If I remember correctly Cherard Freeman played at Lincoln County...
    Yes he did, good memory. He and I hung out a lot as students.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Garrison Hearst played at Lincoln County. He certainly didn't fly under the radar. I'm having a hard time understanding our recruiting strategy. This kid may be an all American one day but the fact is, he's not showing any other offers except ours. Confused? I am.
    Yup. It's hard for me to believe that half of our commits flew under the radar of 128 other fbs programs.

4. Default Re: NSD #1

Looks like heís recruiting speed and athleticism. I like.

Something everyone needs to understand is Georgia Southern has advantages of finding late bloomers with kids in neighboring counties. Some kids donít mature until their Junior / Senior yr. heck some kids hit puberty that late while others hit it in 6th grade. With a player from Liberty County (small school and playing competition who may not have DIV 1 prospects), Reid would fly under radar especially without big offensive stats.

It would be nice to have built relationships with 3 star recruits, but that ship has sailed this season with coaching changes and offensive and defensive philosophy changes. Trust the coaches especially when a recruit doesnít have Div 1 subdivision scholarships.

6. Default Re: NSD #1

Apparently, math is hard.
    From gseagles.com:

The Eagles added five defensive players - four safeties and an inside linebacker - and four offensive players - a quarterback, a wide receiver and an offensive lineman - in the period.

I think I still have my differential equations textbook from 30 years ago. I might want to check that.

7. Default Re: NSD #1

Some players never get noticed because they played on terrible teams. Chad Motte played for Arab (Ala.) High which posted a 2-8 record during his freshman season, then went downhill. Arab lost 30 straight games during his last three years.

He earned a scholarship to Georgia Southern after Eagle coaches saw him knocking down one defender after another during a passing drill in an Eagle youth summer football camp held in Statesboro.

"It's a great story," Davis said. "Here's a guy who didn't win in high school and now he's at one of the best college programs. He knows both sides of winning and losing."
    http://savannahnow.com/stories/09070...l#.Wj5gHd-nH9w

Chad Motte is a Georgia Southern All-American
    2004 - Second Team (Associated Press)
    2004 - First Team (Sports Network)
    2004 - Second Team (CollegeSportsReport.com)
    2005 - First Team (Associated Press)
    2005 - First Team (Sports Network)
    2005 - First Team (CollegeSportsReport.com)
    2005 - First Team (Walter Camp)
    http://www.gseagles.com/aa.aspx?hid=52

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Something everyone needs to understand is Georgia Southern has advantages of finding late bloomers with kids in neighboring counties. Some kids don’t mature until their Junior / Senior yr. heck some kids hit puberty that late while others hit it in 6th grade. With a player from Liberty County (small school and playing competition who may not have DIV 1 prospects), Reid would fly under radar especially without big offensive stats.

It would be nice to have built relationships with 3 star recruits, but that ship has sailed this season with coaching changes and offensive and defensive philosophy changes. Trust the coaches especially when a recruit doesn’t have Div 1 subdivision scholarships.
    That’s not something unique to gs. Every school can do that.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

The spin cycle is on high today. Must be the holiday cheer.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Quote Originally Posted by tapate50 View Post
    That’s not something unique to gs. Every school can do that.
    Itís unique in the proximity of Statesboro. Now if someone in this forum had some insight if Reid attended a camp that our coaches partake in, that would be insightful.

Also Southern by not offering this recruit until late in the game basically hid his abilities from others to see.