TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 27282930 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 294

Thread: NSD #1

  1. #281
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yes he did, good memory. He and I hung out a lot as students.
    Thanks!
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

    JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

  2. #282

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    It’s unique in the proximity of Statesboro. Now if someone in this forum had some insight if Reid attended a camp that our coaches partake in, that would be insightful.

    Also Southern by not offering this recruit until late in the game basically hid his abilities from others to see.
    Ok sure.
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

  3. Default Re: NSD #1

    We could have a 4 star player with a dozen offers from p5’s commit to us and I bet you someone on here would b$@ch about it.

  4. #284
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    453

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Yup. It's hard for me to believe that half of our commits flew under the radar of 128 other fbs programs.
    I criticized Summers and TK when I thought they deserved it - so I will criticize, but I don't think now is the time to criticize our recruiting - ESPECIALLY THE PLAYERS!!

    There will be time for that if they deserve it...

    Feel free to criticize my comments anytime - LOL!!
    GO EAGLES!!!!!!

    JUST ONE MORE TIME!!!!!!

  5. #285

    Default Re: NSD #1

    With this signing day period now closed, this thread will be moved this evening over to the recruiting section so if you haven't gotten your comments in .... you might have a few more hours for this one ....
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  6. #286

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    We could have a 4 star player with a dozen offers from p5’s commit to us and I bet you someone on here would b$@ch about it.
    This is the lowest ranked recruiting class we've had since announcing our move to FBS. We're taking recruits in the early signing period who don't have any offers, some with only FCS offers, even one whose only other offer is Valdosta State. And you think we're being foolish to ask questions? Cmon man...

  7. Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by wonmoretime View Post
    We could have a 4 star player with a dozen offers from p5’s commit to us and I bet you someone on here would b$@ch about it.
    So? We could sign a 1* out of prison and I am sure somebody would praise it. This board, and life, is full of multiple personalities.

    IMO complaining about the complainers is not any better and certainly not any more tolerable.

  8. #288

    Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    This is the lowest ranked recruiting class we've had since announcing our move to FBS. We're taking recruits in the early signing period who don't have any offers, some with only FCS offers, even one whose only other offer is Valdosta State. And you think we're being foolish to ask questions? Cmon man...
    I understand your perspective (and the others who are voicing their displeasure over where we sit at the moment), but I could understand the hand wringing just a bit more if it were the second week of February and recruiting was all but over. It's not.

    I've mentioned this a few different places but getting worked up over a 79.17 ranked class versus a 76.85 class is pretty darn nuts when you know how subjective grading out 2 and 3 star players are. That was the spread in 2017 from Texas State (#1 class) to Idaho. Idaho finished with a better record, btw.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Fo...Conference=SBC

    We're not going to attract many 4 and 5 stars right now so we're resigned to the "gray area" of the subjectivity that exists in the 2 and 3 star range. Yes, it's likely better to have 25 3* ranked players than 25 2* ranked players, especially if those are at the ends of the respective spectrums but there IS a important component of team FIT and need.

    We have a lot of great ranked players, way back to Hatcher that never contributed anything significant on the field. Those "stars" are worthless. It is WAY too early to hit any type of panic button, and if anyone thinks we are sunk it sure wasn't the current coaching staff that drove us to this level.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  9. Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I understand your perspective (and the others who are voicing their displeasure over where we sit at the moment), but I could understand the hand wringing just a bit more if it were the second week of February and recruiting was all but over. It's not.

    I've mentioned this a few different places but getting worked up over a 79.17 ranked class versus a 76.85 class is pretty darn nuts when you know how subjective grading out 2 and 3 star players are. That was the spread in 2017 from Texas State (#1 class) to Idaho. Idaho finished with a better record, btw.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Fo...Conference=SBC

    We're not going to attract many 4 and 5 stars right now so we're resigned to the "gray area" of the subjectivity that exists in the 2 and 3 star range. Yes, it's likely better to have 25 3* ranked players than 25 2* ranked players, especially if those are at the ends of the respective spectrums but there IS a important component of team FIT and need.

    We have a lot of great ranked players, way back to Hatcher that never contributed anything significant on the field. Those "stars" are worthless. It is WAY too early to hit any type of panic button, and if anyone thinks we are sunk it sure wasn't the current coaching staff that drove us to this level.
    Saving Grace interpretation.

  10. Default Re: NSD #1

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I understand your perspective (and the others who are voicing their displeasure over where we sit at the moment), but I could understand the hand wringing just a bit more if it were the second week of February and recruiting was all but over. It's not.

    I've mentioned this a few different places but getting worked up over a 79.17 ranked class versus a 76.85 class is pretty darn nuts when you know how subjective grading out 2 and 3 star players are. That was the spread in 2017 from Texas State (#1 class) to Idaho. Idaho finished with a better record, btw.

    https://247sports.com/Season/2017-Fo...Conference=SBC

    We're not going to attract many 4 and 5 stars right now so we're resigned to the "gray area" of the subjectivity that exists in the 2 and 3 star range. Yes, it's likely better to have 25 3* ranked players than 25 2* ranked players, especially if those are at the ends of the respective spectrums but there IS a important component of team FIT and need.

    We have a lot of great ranked players, way back to Hatcher that never contributed anything significant on the field. Those "stars" are worthless. It is WAY too early to hit any type of panic button, and if anyone thinks we are sunk it sure wasn't the current coaching staff that drove us to this level.
    I agree with this post, relative to individual on-field performance. However, I also view signing day as a benchmark for the overall perception/reputation of the program. IMO that is another reason some get disappointed over some classes, as the recruits we attract can be interpreted as a measure of health of the GS brand. JMHO.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •