TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 282930

Thread: NSD #1

Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I agree with this post, relative to individual on-field performance. However, I also view signing day as a benchmark for the overall perception/reputation of the program. IMO that is another reason some get disappointed over some classes, as the recruits we attract can be interpreted as a measure of health of the GS brand. JMHO.
    I understand that.

Now how realistic it is for some to expect the program to be firing on all cylinders, with a new HC and new staff and land a top 75 team in 4 weeks is another question.

Apparently, some here feel that can be done by anyone fogging a mirror. I realize THAT is hyperbole, but no more than some of what I've read in this thread.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

2. Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I understand that.

Now how realistic it is for some to expect the program to be firing on all cylinders, with a new HC and new staff and land a top 75 team in 4 weeks is another question.

Apparently, some here feel that can be done by anyone fogging a mirror. I realize THAT is hyperbole, but no more than some of what I've read in this thread.
    No one expects an outstanding recruiting class this year. But good God my man have you seen our recruits and their ratings? I think we went from 115 to 113th over the last few days NATION WIDE.

3. Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    I understand that.

Not realistic at all, but I suppose everybody will react differently once it is realized that those individual expectations have not been meet. I am optimistic about the February NSD.

Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by eaglefan200 View Post
    No one expects an outstanding recruiting class this year. But good God my man have you seen our recruits and their ratings? I think we went from 115 to 113th over the last few days NATION WIDE.
    Yep.

And this is why we discuss this on the other part of the site. Where a rational discussion can take place.

Go whine somewhere else.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.