TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: NSD #1

1. Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Id take a team of 5 star kids over a team of 3 star kids all day every day.
    Ah, Alabama just the school for you. Lol

Default Re: NSD #1

You can give all the info and proof you want, people are going to believe what they want to....I have come to learn on this subject.

All I want is a dollar for every time the term "big get" is used today by folks concerning their recruits and I will be good.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    You can give all the info and proof you want people are going to believe what they want to....I have come to learn on this subject.

All I want is a dollar for every time the term "big get" is used today by folks concerning their recruits and I will be good.

haha. for real. I hope all of our kids turn out to be "big gets" but let's face it, if we recruit an entire class who only has offers from FCS schools or no other schools at all, we will be in trouble.

4. Default Re: NSD #1

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    haha. for real. I hope all of our kids turn out to be "big gets" but let's face it, if we recruit an entire class who only has offers from FCS schools or no other schools at all, we will be in trouble.
    I agree with this. One other thing...I hope we sign recruits who can motor. Over the years, part of our formula for success has been team speed. Seems we've lost a step or two.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I agree with this. One other thing...I hope we sign recruits who can motor. Over the years, part of our formula for success has been team speed. Seems we've lost a step or two.
    I dont know how much can be attributed to DeBesse but NM did better in the MW by the time his guys were upperclassmen than their recruiting would indicate. Nothing ground breaking but a very good sign. My gut tells me DeBesse was a "big get" but might not show in the first year. We are not quite as bad as NM was I dont think before he got there and not quite sure what NM was running prior, probably not a heavy option offense I would not think based on 2011 stats.

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    And gained an inch or two...correlation?

Hopefully this is more of a hold over mentality from Tyson. Lets all just calm down until the 72 hours is over and then the traditional signing day. Our OC has been here just a few days and our DC isnt even here, why I dont know but not here yet.
    Because he's keeping his commitment to his current job like people of integrity do.

Regression analysis indicates that for teams in the SEC, the Big Ten, and the Big Twelve, 63% to 80% of a team's success in their respective conference can be attributed to successful recruiting practices.

http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf/...7-9541.7.1.139

Cary A. Caro
    Division of Business, Xavier University of New Orleans, 1 Drexel Drive – Box 52, New Orleans, LA 70125-1098, USA

I'm gonna go with research rather than anecdotal examples and sayings that get said all the time with no evidence of being true, but to each his own.
    The research is correct and moot for most schools. Coaching and development are way more important to Georgia Southern than 🌟 rankings. UGA finally got a coach and has a shot at a NC but they recruit highly ranked classes every year and have only won a few rings the last 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Eagles_Cliff View Post
    The research is correct and moot for most schools. Coaching and development are way more important to Georgia Southern than  rankings. UGA finally got a coach and has a shot at a NC but they recruit highly ranked classes every year and have only won a few rings the last 40 years.

but they have also been a top 20 team pretty much every year with a top 20 recruiting class pretty much every year.

I'd rather have a top 50 recruiting class every year with good coaching than a 110 ranked recruiting class with good coaching, wouldn't you?

10. Default Re: NSD #1

Anyone catch this article in the Savannah paper yesterday? It explains Lunsford's strategy with today's signing day. Based on this, I wasn't caught off guard or otherwise surprised by today's signees, or lack thereof.

savannahnow.com/news/sports/local-colleges/2017-12-19/georgia-southern-s-lunsford-believes-plenty-recruits-will