TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I strongly disagree... IMO this is a just lazy scheduling with a program desperate to fill a their schedule. We did not need this H&H but it appears we just could not resist the low hanging fruit. Ranks up there with Kent State.

But, to be honest, I am not surprised in the least. I saw it coming and even joked in other threads about when it would (inevitably) happen.
    Don't we have Kent State on our future schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Don't we have Kent State on our future schedule?
    i think Kent State backed out.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-...ern-eagles.php

It might not wear well 'today' but by 2025 & 2026 Liberty will be a FBS team with nearly a decade under their belt (no pun intended) in the division.

I'm not a fan of this one either, but I'll withhold judgement until the next year or two and the rest of those years get filled out on the schedule for OOC.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa/sun-...ern-eagles.php

It might not wear well 'today' but by 2025 & 2026 Liberty will be a FBS team with nearly a decade under their belt (no pun intended) in the division.

I'm not a fan of this one either, but I'll withhold judgement until the next year or two and the rest of those years get filled out on the schedule for OOC.
    +1, in 10 years we may be very surprised regarding the status of Liberty and its position within the "G5 world". We all mocked GagState and we see where there headed. Let's gather some humility please before we belittle certain programs. Last time I checked we've gone 5-7 and 2-10 and border on being the laughing stocks of G5 football.

5. Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Meh on this one. Just ... meh.

Their coach the last time they came to Paulson was former Cleveland Browns coach Sam Rutigliano IIRC.

I strongly disagree... IMO this is a just lazy scheduling with a program desperate to fill a their schedule. We did not need this H&H but it appears we just could not resist the low hanging fruit. Ranks up there with Kent State.

But, to be honest, I am not surprised in the least. I saw it coming and even joked in other threads about when it would (inevitably) happen.
    I would rather play liberty than kent state or ball state any day.

In a perfect world I would prefer we schedule any CUSA or AAC school excluding the F_U schools over any MAC school.

I’ll wait until the year we play them to pass any sort of judgement. Time and perspective is always important to factor in.

8. Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, in 10 years we may be very surprised regarding the status of Liberty and its position within the "G5 world". We all mocked GagState and we see where there headed. Let's gather some humility please before we belittle certain programs. Last time I checked we've gone 5-7 and 2-10 and border on being the laughing stocks of G5 football.
    I will not be surprised in the least... they can print their own money, they will be a solid program by the time we see them on the field.

Frankly, I am not sure what the people who are assuming these games to just be another win toward bowl eligibility are thinking.

9. Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I would rather play liberty than kent state or ball state any day.

In a perfect world I would prefer we schedule any CUSA or AAC school excluding the F_U schools over any MAC school.
    Yeah, I respect that, personally I just cannot get excited about Liberty, Kent St., Ball St. or the like.

IMO it is obvious what TK's scheduling strategy is now... primary target is programs that have their own scheduling challenges. Not to say that is a bad thing, but that appears to be the plan

I will not be surprised in the least... they can print their own money, they will be a solid program by the time we see them on the field.

Frankly, I am not sure what the people who are assuming these games as just another win toward bowl eligibility are thinking.
    +1, heck, by then Liberty could be challenging for a Access Bowl spot. We have all witnessed what can happen in a few quick years in FBS/G5 football and I'm not just talking about us, Bowling Green for example is in the same boat as us.