TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Yeah, I respect that, personally I just cannot get excited about Liberty, Kent St., Ball St. or the like.

IMO it is obvious what TK's scheduling strategy is now... primary target is programs that have their own scheduling challenges. Not to say that is a bad thing, but that appears to be the plan
    Have the Boise, BYU, and Houston games been canceled?
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

2. Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Quote Originally Posted by pete4256 View Post
    Have the Boise, BYU, and Houston games been canceled?
    Not to my knowledge, but what does that have to do with anything? Or, is this your way of pointing out that those programs do not have scheduling challenges of their own? If so, with the exception of Houston, I disagree.

Liberty U. had a brick and mortar campus and football history prior to the proliferation of on-line education.

"Paulson Stadium was dedicated on September 29, 1984 with a 48-11 win over Liberty University. The game was a fitting end to four years of planning one of the finest I-AA facilities in America."[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paulson_Stadium
    Paul Speering
    First official visit 1984
    BS Manufacturing, 1997
    St. Ambrose University, Davenport, IA MBA 2016

4. Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Can we at least make it past NYE before starting the April Fools jokes?

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    I personally think this is another great scheduling job by TK for a H and H against a G5.

I'd rather play Liberty than Ball State.

Not all Home and homes are going to be exciting. Good thing is that we get 2 winnable OOC games should we get our act together.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Not to my knowledge, but what does that have to do with anything? Or, is this your way of pointing out that those programs do not have scheduling challenges of their own? If so, with the exception of Houston, I disagree.
    I just figured, given your diatribe against recent scheduling news, that we’d lost these matchups without anyone noticing.
    Green Bastard
    Parts Unknown

When I see people complain about the Ball States and Kent States of the world I laugh because it's not like those teams want to play us either. We are aren't some "catch."

Vast majority of our opponents think we're GA State. That's how much name recognition 6 FCS national titles buys you.... which is why I'm glad we left.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post
    When I see people complain about the Ball States and Kent States of the world I laugh because it's not like those teams want to play us either. We are aren't some "catch."

Vast majority of our opponents think we're GA State. That's how much name recognition 6 FCS national titles buys you.... which is why I'm glad we left.
    Name recognition took a hit when we didn't keep the winning momentum going after our second year in FBS. But in the big picture NO ONE cares about G5's no matter what your name.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz Killington View Post

Hate to tell you, but 10 years from now...3 go daddy bowls, 4 dollar General bowls and the cirque du soleil bowl isnt going to do anything for name recognition either.