TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Quote Originally Posted by elmothemoose View Post
    Yep, and years in the SBC and some minor bowl wins hasn't changed that. In fact, I'd wager the same people probably still know Boise for beating Oklahoma or that silly-assed blue turf than anything else. Hell, they're an occasional top 25 program, but they're also one bad coach away from being an afterthought, just like every other program that isn't among the elite.

That said, what does it ------ matter? That's what I don't get about some fans. You continue to bemoan the supposed 'lack of respect' a school gets, WHO GIVES A F___K. Does it make your day somehow better if some pinheaded yankee from Newark goes, "ooh, you like Georgia Southern, you're cool."

I mean, if you're in it so you can somehow live vicariously through how many people know about and salute the football program you claim to support, you need to check your priorities as a fan.

This isn't just directed at you. It's all of your insecure ilk. So don't take it personally.
    trust me, pinheaded Yankees know very, very little about GS.

2. Default Re: Home and Home announced vs Liberty Flames

Yep, and years in the SBC and some minor bowl wins hasn't changed that. In fact, I'd wager the same people probably still know Boise for beating Oklahoma or that silly-assed blue turf than anything else. Hell, they're an occasional top 25 program, but they're also one bad coach away from being an afterthought, just like every other program that isn't among the elite.

That said, what does it ------ matter? That's what I don't get about some fans. You continue to bemoan the supposed 'lack of respect' a school gets, WHO GIVES A F___K. Does it make your day somehow better if some pinheaded yankee from Newark goes, "ooh, you like Georgia Southern, you're cool."

I mean, if you're in it so you can somehow live vicariously through how many people know about and salute the football program you claim to support, you need to check your priorities as a fan.

This isn't just directed at you. It's all of your insecure ilk. So don't take it personally.
    Please seek medical attention immediately.

Why do you insist on coming on a fan messageboard and telling us our opinions don't matter?

Why are you here?

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Unfortunately, GT and NC State are not the premiere schools I was talking about. Florida Gators, Notre Dame, Michigan, USC Tojans, Alabama, Texas ........ etc are your premier fan base schools. Now those schools may not be national title contenders every yr, but they have a FAN BASE unlike others along with the fact that ESPN bows down to those Universities. GT will bring noise to the state of Georgia. Unfortunately college football fans in GA already know GS exist.

Nebraska has a fairly big fan base that stretches past the Midwest. With FROST in house over there, they could regain that recognition in 3 yrs.

Defeating Cornhuskers would be a step in the right direction.

People know App State bc of defeating Michigan more than anything else.
    You're right.

But you know what I've seen the last few days? A LOT of respect for App and the fact that they've moved to FBS and won a **** ton of games in the process.

They are winning games. That's all it takes to get people to know who you are. They haven't beaten a P5 in 10 years, but at this moment a lot of people are talking about them. If you don't see it then you aren't paying attention.

No matter what scoobyblue....I mean elmothemoose says.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, heck, by then Liberty could be challenging for a Access Bowl spot. We have all witnessed what can happen in a few quick years in FBS/G5 football and I'm not just talking about us, Bowling Green for example is in the same boat as us.
    Not without a conference affiliation.

CFP committee makes that selection and has already said only G5 conference champions are considered for selection.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    trust me, pinheaded Yankees know very, very little about GS.
    Living proof? I kid, I kid....
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

I just don't get the disdain around here any time Liberty is mentioned.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    I just don't get the disdain around here any time Liberty is mentioned.
    Same.

1) Close by, so they should bring some fans
    2) Close by, so easy return trip
    3) Home game
    4) Winnable if our football program returns to normalcy

What more do you want?
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Same.

1) Close by, so they should bring some fans
    2) Close by, so easy return trip
    3) Home game
    4) Winnable if our football program returns to normalcy

What more do you want?
    I agree with you but the majority of schedule bashers won't be happy until we are signing deals with P5 H&H's. So anyone that is not P5 will be met with a bunch of boos and "we're too good to schedule those guys".
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    I agree with you but the majority of schedule bashers won't be happy until we are signing deals with P5 H&H's. So anyone that is not P5 will be met with a bunch of boos and "we're too good to schedule those guys".
    And then the Unwashed Masses will wail and moan about being 5-7 year in and year out.