TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Army - SDSU what a game

Default Army - SDSU what a game

Great game. Congrats to the cadets and Monken and co on a great season.

46 minute top and barely eeked it out with a two point conversion at the end. I think it's their first 10 win season.

Default Re: Army - SDSU what a game

Congrats to coach! Helluva game.

And only the second time in their history winning 10 games. The good ole days for us.

Interesting tidbit -last times we won 10+ games 2010-2012 with Coach Monken.
    Last edited by gsutrublu; 23rd December 2017 at 07:05 PM.
    "Losing is the most disgusting thing that you can experience...We feel we need to surround ourselves with people who feel that winning is the most important thing in the world. If you feel that way, and I do, and I think our players feel that way, then losing has got to be about the worst thing that can happen to you." Erk Russell

Quote Originally Posted by yourmother View Post
    Great game. Congrats to the cadets and Monken and co on a great season.

46 minute top and barely eeked it out with a two point conversion at the end. I think it's their first 10 win season.
    1st 10 game win season since 1996, 21 years.

4. Default Re: Army - SDSU what a game

that was a great game to watch. monken has done an incredible job at army!

They could not stop the guy that transferred from Idaho though. 31 first downs to SDSU's 31 total plays......87 rushes, 440 rushing yards on a team allowing 110 a game. 13 minute drive to start the second half with no points.......Great finish though.

The hawgs up front blocked like nobody’s business!

They could not stop the guy that transferred from Idaho though. 31 first downs to SDSU's 31 total plays......87 rushes, 440 rushing yards on a team allowing 110 a game. 13 minute drive to start the second half with no points.......Great finish though.
    The best defense is keeping the opponents offense off the field. When you are out matched talent wise those long drives are incredibly important.

8. Default Re: Army - SDSU what a game

Army wins ten games while completing 20 passes during the entire season. Throw me in that briar patch.

Not just keeping the ball but getting points after holding the ball. SDSU was basically scoring at will. That blown lead going into halftime along with the long drive that burned almost the entire third quarter with no points had me thinking they were going to blow it but they just kept plugging.

Not just keeping the ball but getting points after holding the ball. SDSU was basically scoring at will. That blown lead going into halftime along with the long drive that burned almost the entire third quarter with no points had me thinking they were going to blow it but they just kept plugging.
    I agree and thought the same thing. Plus throw in the fake fg that resulted in no first down or points as well. But they kept fighting. Brought back a lot of great memories of just wearing a defense down and them knowing they can't stop it. We knew monken was gonna use the "McKinnon dagger to the gators rocket toss for the win" play.