TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Army - SDSU what a game

Default Re: Army - SDSU what a game

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I’m sure this will be taken the wrong way but it’s the truth....when you run as many QB runs as they do you aren’t going to fumble a lot. There were several times yesterday the pitch was wide open but the QB wasn’t even looking for it. It was a designed QB run all the way. Which isn’t bad coaching by any means. I’m just saying They don’t pitch the ball mutch so they aren’t going to fumble like a “normal” option team will.

Now with that said of course 6 fumbles is impressive any way you slice it. And what Monken has done there is beyond impressive.
    Exactly. A bunch of us had a group text going and we mentioned how the slot back was open on the outside but the qb kept it. You could see monkens game plan was to eat clock and be fine with the fb dive and qb design runs getting 2-5 yards a pop to keep sdsu offense and their amazing running back off the field. Great execution and a fun game to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    when the flex/TO is run to perfection it's one of the prettiest offenses to watch, to Haiti with the forward pass!(smile). CM and his staff are considered like gods to Army Nation. Good for them, great group of men.
    Yep, I agree with ya, garns 4. And it's still the most "lethal" offensive scheme in football when called & executed properly. Exhibit A, the 1986 Georgia Southern Hambone offensive unit. The offensive scheme that I wish had never left the Georgia Southern Eagle football program.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Beautiful football to watch. Miss those days.
    +1.

Another year of gun option. Can’t wait.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Worked out pretty well in 2014 and 2015

6. Default Re: Army - SDSU what a game

+1

Same here, it is going to be fun! I would hate to experience the mentally stultifying effects of witnessing just 20 completed passes all year.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    +1

Same here, it is going to be fun! I would hate to experience the mentally stultifying effects of witnessing just 20 completed passes all year.
    10-3. Pretty sure that's all that matters.

You were one of those guys that couldn't enjoy the Florida win because ESPN kept mentioning we didn't complete a pass, weren't you?

8. Default Re: Army - SDSU what a game

Quote Originally Posted by GaSouFan6 View Post
    10-3. Pretty sure that's all that matters.

You were one of those guys that couldn't enjoy the Florida win because ESPN kept mentioning we didn't complete a pass, weren't you?
    No, I am not "one of those guys," I am my own guy.

Just because I prefer the gun option does mean I do not apprectiate Army's success this year. IMO 10-3 is not all that matters, Georgia Southern can do more then just win the Armed Forces Bowl.

Just because I prefer the gun option does mean I do not apprectiate Army's success this year. IMO 10-3 is not all that matters, Georgia Southern can do more then just win the Armed Forces Bowl.
    You're denigrating a 10 win season by calling it "mentally stultifying" while insinuating that our 2 win program has Access Bowl potential. Go home Eagleman, you've had too much eggnog.

Because the last two years of 7-17 "Gun Option" is so inspiring...
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me