TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB: Troy and South Alabama

Default Re: MBB: Troy and South Alabama

TOOKIE, what can you say?, if this kid isn't named All-American this year somethings wrong. Glenn a beast on the offensive glass and two big free throws in crunch time. Quan with a key offensive rebound. Also helped that Troy went cold cause I didn't see anything different in our defense that we didn't do in first half. Oh, Ike? He sat the final 5:50 of game. Ike ain't healthy. Oh did you see, CCU stomped the crap out of Texas Arlington. The team to beat this year is LALA. GREAT WIN for our "Road Eagles"

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    What is the injury? Is it something that may linger all season?
    Its a ankle/foot thing. I saw him before season in a boot at the bookstore, it heals a little but obviously he re-tweaks it. I'm very concerned it could impact him the entire season. This is one reason why Hamilton quitting IMO was huge. As long as we keep rebounding well, play the best defense we can play and get the ball in Tookie's hands we will have that GATA chance at winning. Tookie man, Tookie!!!

Tookie was really good in this game but Glenn is unsung hero. Kept balls alive inside with multiple second chance shots and hit 2 huge FTs down the stretch. Good win! Going to be tough in Mobile but this team has played tough this year.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleDawg View Post
    Why didn't we press in the last minute to make Troy work to bring it down court? Instead we just them run it down court & score with very little time taken off the clock.
    the press could lead to quick fouls and they were in the bonus, plus, we have Tookie(smile)

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    Tookie was really good in this game but Glenn is unsung hero. Kept balls alive inside with multiple second chance shots and hit 2 huge FTs down the stretch. Good win! Going to be tough in Mobile but this team has played tough this year.
    +1000. Glenn was huge tonight. I think close to that double/double I keep talking about(smile)

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1000. Glenn was huge tonight. I think close to that double/double I keep talking about(smile)
    Wasn't close. He got it.

This is a really good win tonight. To be down 14 and come back and win against a good team is really big. Glenn finally seems like the player he has looked like he can be. I honestly hope Ike didn't even make the trip. That much traveling would be hard on that ankle. This team is good enough to maintain for a little bit without him. Let him get healthy as he can for the stretch run at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleTrump View Post
    Wasn't close. He got it.
    Good, the kid worked real hard over the offseason, it's refreshing to see GS having a factor in the paint!

Way to start the conference play with a road win. Clutch FT's down the stretch to ice the game. Just think how good this team can be with a healthy Ike.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Its a ankle/foot thing. I saw him before season in a boot at the bookstore, it heals a little but obviously he re-tweaks it. I'm very concerned it could impact him the entire season. This is one reason why Hamilton quitting IMO was huge. As long as we keep rebounding well, play the best defense we can play and get the ball in Tookie's hands we will have that GATA chance at winning. Tookie man, Tookie!!!

This would be about right. Best team we have in I don’t even know how long and our All Conference wing is hurt all season.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.