TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Trademarks?

Default Re: Trademarks?

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    I suppose all the Georgia Southern Bulldogs will be happy they are using "Just one more time!"

2. Default Re: Trademarks?

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I suppose all the Georgia Southern Bulldogs will be happy they are using "Just one more time!"
    But, they are not... Nike just created 'Just WON More' t-shirts for them (and Alabama). Big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    But, they are not... Nike just created WON More Time t-shirts for them (and Alabama). Big difference.
    Ok, let's get some clarity on what's really printed on the shirts. It doesn't end with the word time. It's just saying they won another game or need to win another.

Here's the shirt:

It also says "NATTY BOUND", It already looks pretty nasty with that G on it anyway.

Oh well, as far as I'm concerned UCF is the National Champion. They did what neither of these two could,. That's beat Auburn on the first attempt. Bama and UGA are playing for runner up in my book. As for the "natty" game.... Roll Tide.

4. Default Re: Trademarks?

Iím not sure how smart it would be to try and trademark phrases like this.

From what I understand, trademarked phrases are tough to enforce and costly to litigate.

Seems like expensive busywork for lawyers (and God knows, our world needs less of that.)

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Iím not sure how smart it would be to try and trademark phrases like this.

From what I understand, trademarked phrases are tough to enforce
    Lord knows GS hasn't enforced GATA for a couple years now.....

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehoopsfan View Post
    Exactly. Alabama got the same ones. As well as some unfortunate folks in third world countries who are stuck with the OU and Clemson ones. They also say "Just Won More". No mention of "time".
    so...are you saying the tide is timeless?
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by GSUEYES View Post
    so...are you saying the tide is timeless?
    not necessarily, but "GARNS" is!(lol, smile)

Erk coached at UGA for 17 years. If not for things falling into place at just the right time, we would never have had him. Erkisms are more relevant to GS because we keep his legacy alive, but things like GATA, one more time, runts try harder, bad case of the wants, FIDO, etc. were used at UGA years before GS thought about having a football team.

UGA playing for the Money National Championship (while 13-0 UCF beat the team that beat both MNC teams) is not good for any team in Ga who competes for attention/consideration. There will be lots of 'G' attire and car decorations sold at Wal Mart the next 8 months. Just a cherry on top of the S*** Cake TK baked for GS Football.

I'm optimistic about the future, but I won't let those who supported Summers and TK forget their treachery.
    JW "Cliff" Williams

First GSC game 9/1/1984
    Recruiting Class 1987
    BS 1998
    M.Ed. 2015
    Statesboro. GA

There's nothing we could have done about UGA becoming what they are right now.

It would have been nice if we didn't just nosedive as it happened though.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    There's nothing we could have done about UGA becoming what they are right now.

It would have been nice if we didn't just nosedive as it happened though.
    Exactly, that's the kicker. If we had kept things going after the bowl win, we could have solidified some support from casual fans. But take the crap-burger served up the last two seasons and pair it with UGA's run this year, we've lost some of those for the foreseeable future.... ESPECIALLY if UGA wins Monday night.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31