TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Let's hear it for our Georgia Southern Bulldogs

Default Re: Let's hear it for our Georgia Southern Bulldogs

Should be a heck of a game, I'm leaning towards Bama but dawg hater or not you got to be impressed with what Smart is building, taking UGA to greater heights.

2. Default Re: Let's hear it for our Georgia Southern Bulldogs

Garns, you think TK will try to avoid scheduling home game kickoffs head up against UGA this fall? I'm telling you, we may be in for a quick and rude awakening. The fact we have stunk things up for the past two seasons may take a further hit by the rise of UGA and our bandwagon Georgia Southern Bulldogs student and alumni fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    If somebody did that to me I would look at them like they were an idiot, shake my head, and walk away.
    That's because you can't argue with the fact they're undefeated AND beat the team that beat both title contenders. The game Monday is for 2nd place.
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Garns, you think TK will try to avoid scheduling home game kickoffs head up against UGA this fall? I'm telling you, we may be in for a quick and rude awakening. The fact we have stunk things up for the past two seasons may take a further hit by the rise of UGA and our bandwagon Georgia Southern Bulldogs student and alumni fan base.
    No, we never have, and never will. We'll schedule 6/7 p.m. games for Sept and Oct due to the heat, and the higher attendance numbers. That's a fact. Then mid afternoon starts for the cooler months. Contrary to popular belief, the world does not revolve around that school and attendance isn't effected as much as some believe. Those casual fans are not the ones in Paulson every week, that's the difference between 18K and 20K, not 12K and 20K.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    most of the time I think we try to do that anyways. UGA's current success I don't think will make a big difference at least no bigger than our current failures. It's really up to us. If we start stringing, 9-10 game winning seasons together then you will see our next "growth" period. Really nothing has changed since the day we entered FBS, WIN a lot, win the SB, win the bowl and start knocking off P5's at a regular clip. The challenge is to do it consistently like Boise and what we saw this year with UCF. As it currently stands, the highest level of success for a G5 school is to go undefeated like UCF: THE PERFECT SEASON.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    That's because you can't argue with the fact they're undefeated AND beat the team that beat both title contenders. The game Monday is for 2nd place.

Sure
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Sure
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...104-story.html
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

8. Default Re: Let's hear it for our Georgia Southern Bulldogs

That tells it just exactly like it is. It's sad, but if the writer was from anywhere besides Orlando he would not be allowed to write that article.

Cool story
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart View Post
    Yeah but they also got blown out by one of said teams in the game that actually mattered. This UCF national championship talk is nonsense