TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I LIKE IT!

1. Default I LIKE IT!

Default Re: I LIKE IT!

I like it, as well. Until the NCAA returns to Earth......All Hail, UCF 2017 National Champions!!!

3. Default Re: I LIKE IT!

That's just theory. There's no plans to change the current structure ever, so I'm just going to ignore it. There should never be a national championship between 2 teams in the same conference, ever.

will never happen. Just make it simple, the 5 P5 conference champs, and 3 at large bids. Or if you want only 6, the P5's plus 1 at large.

Independents are told to join up or get out. The exception: ACC adds Notre Dame to go to 15.

Norte Dame makes too much TV money as an independent football team. And teams like Army don't need to be forced into a conference. Apparently no one wants umass (per a fan next to me at our game), BYU I had no idea was independent, and NMSU should be FCS,
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: I LIKE IT!

I feel it is much easier to just go to a 16 team playoff. Take the 10 conference champions as automatic bids, 6 at large bids.

Leave the independents alone, like Notre Dame. If they do well enough and there resume' shows it they will get an at large bid with ease.

You can take all 6 at large bids from the P5, as I feel that is deserving.

This does set a 16 game slate for the 2 teams in the final. Should easily be able to the team up for a slate like this. The momentum should be kicked in as well. I feel 16 games isn't a lot as in high school you can potentially play 15, as well as in the NFL you play 16 game regular season.

Let the top 8 seeds control home field advantage. Too 10 seeds should be conference champs. Too 5 seeds P5 and 6-10 G5 seed according record first then if a tie in record use SOS. Last 6 seeds are seeded according to record then you could use sos or bcs ranking format. Use playoff committee to choose 6 at large seeds.

Quote Originally Posted by StingingEagle View Post
    That's just theory. There's no plans to change the current structure ever, so I'm just going to ignore it. There should never be a national championship between 2 teams in the same conference, ever.

why not? If 2 teams in the same conference happen to be seeded in a way that puts them on the other side of a bracket, why not?

7. Default Re: I LIKE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    why not? If 2 teams in the same conference happen to be seeded in a way that puts them on the other side of a bracket, why not?
    Because it's extremely boring. Also, probably better for ratings.

8. Default Re: I LIKE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by GSU08 View Post
    Not!

I don’t think they will ever expand above 8 teams due to financial interest. I read that each conference gets $6 million per team in the playoffs. So they SEC will receive $12 million this year plus additional funds from bowl games. The more teams include increases the expenses and decreases the allotment per team without a big increase in revenue (I am guessing on the revenue). Also, one of the main reason people kept saying that we would never have 2 teams from the same conference in the playoffs was due to spreading the funds out equally. It had nothing to do with the caliber of teams playing.

I do think the playoff will go to 8 teams as soon as the Big Ten get left out when they believe or have a strong argument they should be included. Last year Ohio St. took Penn St. spot so they had no argument and this year Alabama basically got in for the same reason Ohio St got in last year. Once the Big 10, who has the biggest fan base in terms of TV eyeballs, gets left out and the conference gets upset we will have an 8 team playoff. They are more concerned about protecting the Rose Bowl and the money they earn from that than the playoffs. This was also the first year the playoff selection committee was not dominated by Big 10 reps and they go left out.

Anyone who complains about 2 teams from the same conference has a jealousy issue or is not a true football fan. These are the same folks who say we have too many bowls. It is one thing when the game was voted on by the BCS but these teams played their way in to the championship. They would not have been included on the BCS (3 & 4) and they proved they were the better teams. I would personally like an 8 team playoff with the 5 Power champions, plus the highest rated group of 5, and 2 at large bids. Then no power 5 team can complain and the group of 5 is included.

the non-starter is no single conference champion. Why even have conferences? That essentially doubles the number of conferences.