TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 34

Thread: Berryhill

  1. #1

    Default Berryhill

    Anyone know why luke berryhill transferred to South Carolina?

  2. Default Re: Berryhill

    What? Did he really? Not cool.

    EDIT: It appears that he is playing at a JuCo in Tennessee this season and off to SC the following year. Typically this is when I would wish a transfer good luck going forward, but....

  3. #3

    Default Re: Berryhill

    His dad posts here so I'm sure he'd be a good source

  4. #4

    Default Re: Berryhill

    Todd Greene’s son transferred as well. When a legacy of that magnitude transers, there may be a big problem in the administration.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

  5. #5

    Default Re: Berryhill

    Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    His dad posts here so I'm sure he'd be a good source
    That Plate Protector guy? He had some interesting posts. Guess we won't see much of him again. Sigh.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

    If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Berryhill

    Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Anyone know why luke berryhill transferred to South Carolina?
    My guess is future playing time. Matt Anderson will probably be our starter, and from reading about USC's situation I think they graduate some guys.

    It's a guess though.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta, GA
    Posts
    42,286

    Default Re: Berryhill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Todd Greene’s son transferred as well. When a legacy of that magnitude transers, there may be a big problem in the administration.
    He transferred to a DIII school. I think it says a lot about his talent.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

  8. #8

    Default Re: Berryhill

    Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    He transferred to a DIII school. I think it says a lot about his talent.
    Not necessarily.

    Some of those DIII schools have absolutely stellar academics and reputation, along with very good baseball programs. I know of one such young man who would have looked good on our roster had we recruited him but we didn't. We didn't recruit his brother who now plays in the SEC, and we likely won't recruit his youngest brother who is perhaps going to be the best of the three. All come from an outstanding family of an alum.

    Scholarships in baseball are like gold. We (fans) rarely know exactly which players are getting what offers of portions of those 11.7 scholarships.

    So you can't make that kind of assumption AT ALL.
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.





  9. #9

    Default Re: Berryhill

    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    My guess is future playing time. Matt Anderson will probably be our starter, and from reading about USC's situation I think they graduate some guys.

    It's a guess though.
    +1, in reading the article the SC situation appears to set up nicely for Luke, SC after this season will be in dire need of a catcher. Luke, on the college level due to injury hasn't proven his ability. A season at JUCO(starting) will help him get back into the swing of things, so to speak, then step in as starter at SC for 3 years. I don't know any of the facts but I think Anderson is penciled in as our starter this season(and Anderson has looked good, IMO, much improved bat to go along with his very good defense). So in Luke's case, why waist a year being #2. Just my IMO, no insider wing nut info.

  10. Default Re: Berryhill

    Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    +1, in reading the article the SC situation appears to set up nicely for Luke, SC after this season will be in dire need of a catcher. Luke, on the college level due to injury hasn't proven his ability. A season at JUCO(starting) will help him get back into the swing of things, so to speak, then step in as starter at SC for 3 years. I don't know any of the facts but I think Anderson is penciled in as our starter this season(and Anderson has looked good, IMO, much improved bat to go along with his very good defense). So in Luke's case, why waist a year being #2. Just my IMO, no insider wing nut info.
    So he left Georgia Southern for 2x National Champion SEC South Carolina to get more playing time? I find that a bit difficult to believe.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •