TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Like it or not, NDSU won their 6th NC today

1. Default Re: Like it or not, NDSU won their 6th NC today

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Good point.

FCS used to be tough. We played Marshall and UCF a lot. MTSU etc. Many of those teams were good. Certainly better than teams in FCS are now.
    Of course, that overlooks that some of the historically strong FCS programs decided to move to the SunBelt (or wherever). The division is also continuing to balance itself out after the recent carousel of realignment. Some historically strong programs (Furman, Montana, Delaware, etc.) are coming out of down periods. There are a few newer programs like Kennesaw State that are positioned to make a lot of noise.

We could have had a FCS playoffs with NDSU, James Madison, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, App State, etc. That would have been must-watch football. But noooo....

2. Default Re: Like it or not, NDSU won their 6th NC today

Quote Originally Posted by fujackal View Post
    We could have had a FCS playoffs with NDSU, James Madison, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, App State, etc. That would have been must-watch football. But noooo....
    And it would be forgotten about in one week, IMO. I prefer to see Houston, BYU, Boise State, etc., visit Paulson Stadium then lose to NDSU in the semi-finals, again.

3. Default Re: Like it or not, NDSU won their 6th NC today

Makes no difference to me if they win 10 more national championships. We have moved on. Believe it or not the lowly Sun Belt is still better than the top of the heap in FCS.

Default Re: Like it or not, NDSU won their 6th NC today

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    And it would be forgotten about in one week, IMO. I prefer to see Houston, BYU, Boise State, etc., visit Paulson Stadium then lose to NDSU in the semi-finals, again.
    The IAA playoffs were a blast once upon a time and I feel nostalgic for it, sometimes. Contrary to what some people here seem to think, the thing about exposure has nothing to do with fan ego and everything to do with what's good for the program.
    Hey TK! Change the culture back!

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Glad the FCS Play-offs and National Championships have been part our journey. We did all we could do at that level, NDSU realized that in DIV2 and they'll realize it again somewhere down the road, I wish them well regardless. They play hard and have earned what they have accomplished. I enjoy the SB footprint and our current conference members, I do not want this to be our final destination, I believe we are destined for more, but we are where we are for now and need to build the foundation to move forward and enjoy the journey.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    Glad the FCS Play-offs and National Championships have been part our journey. We did all we could do at that level, NDSU realized that in DIV2 and they'll realize it again somewhere down the road, I wish them well regardless. They play hard and have earned what they have accomplished. I enjoy the SB footprint and our current conference members, I do not want this to be our final destination, I believe we are destined for more, but we are where we are for now and need to build the foundation to move forward and enjoy the journey.
    Agreed.

And it's taken a diluted division and one team rising above everyone else to demonstrate that same level of dominance.

We have more room to grow at the level we are now, and like you said, this will not be where we stay. It might be a ways down the road, but eventually we'll outgrow this as well.

If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it did it make a sound?

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it did it make a sound?

In physics, sound is a vibration that typically propagates as an audible wave of pressure, through a transmission medium such as a gas, liquid or solid.

In human physiology and psychology, sound is the reception of such waves and their perception by the brain.

So yes and no....................

9. Default Re: Like it or not, NDSU won their 6th NC today

Quote Originally Posted by GSUNCSU View Post
    HI guys, Interesting read this thread is. I agree with you guys that you did all you could at that level and it was time to move on. I feel the same way about NDSU at the FCS level unfortunately for us unlike you we don't have a FBS conference in our footprint that would make sense for us to move into and the MWC isn't knocking on our doors as far as I know. The MAC is out of our footprint as well and quite honestly we beat the tar out of their eventual conference champion Central Michigan back in 2007 44-14. That was before we were playoff eligible at the FCS level but I think we would have represented ourselves very well back then had we been allowed to participate in the playoffs. Well anyway I just stopped by because one of your posters posted over on Bisonville some of your comments which were very gracious. I just miss playing you guys and wish teams like you and App, and others were still around but I totally get the desire to move up and move on. Many NDSU fans feel the same way and many others are fine where they are just like the debate you guys had among yourselves back when you were looking at moving up. You made the right move and hopefully one day NDSU will as well.

For the time being us fans of NDSU that wish we would/could move up will just have to wait.

Best of luck next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbacker View Post
    HI guys, Interesting read this thread is. I agree with you guys that you did all you could at that level and it was time to move on. I feel the same way about NDSU at the FCS level unfortunately for us unlike you we don't have a FBS conference in our footprint that would make sense for us to move into and the MWC isn't knocking on our doors as far as I know. The MAC is out of our footprint as well and quite honestly we beat the tar out of their eventual conference champion Central Michigan back in 2007 44-14. That was before we were playoff eligible at the FCS level but I think we would have represented ourselves very well back then had we been allowed to participate in the playoffs. Well anyway I just stopped by because one of your posters posted over on Bisonville some of your comments which were very gracious. I just miss playing you guys and wish teams like you and App, and others were still around but I totally get the desire to move up and move on. Many NDSU fans feel the same way and many others are fine where they are just like the debate you guys had among yourselves back when you were looking at moving up. You made the right move and hopefully one day NDSU will as well.

For the time being us fans of NDSU that wish we would/could move up will just have to wait.

Best of luck next season.
    Thanks for stopping by Bisonbacker. Y’all have a solid program that has a history of spectacular success at every level at which you’ve played. If and when NDSU moves up I have no doubt you will be successful there also. Enjoy the ride.