TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Like it or not, NDSU won their 6th NC today

Default Re: Like it or not, NDSU won their 6th NC today

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbacker View Post
    HI guys, Interesting read this thread is. I agree with you guys that you did all you could at that level and it was time to move on. I feel the same way about NDSU at the FCS level unfortunately for us unlike you we don't have a FBS conference in our footprint that would make sense for us to move into and the MWC isn't knocking on our doors as far as I know. The MAC is out of our footprint as well and quite honestly we beat the tar out of their eventual conference champion Central Michigan back in 2007 44-14. That was before we were playoff eligible at the FCS level but I think we would have represented ourselves very well back then had we been allowed to participate in the playoffs. Well anyway I just stopped by because one of your posters posted over on Bisonville some of your comments which were very gracious. I just miss playing you guys and wish teams like you and App, and others were still around but I totally get the desire to move up and move on. Many NDSU fans feel the same way and many others are fine where they are just like the debate you guys had among yourselves back when you were looking at moving up. You made the right move and hopefully one day NDSU will as well.

For the time being us fans of NDSU that wish we would/could move up will just have to wait.

Best of luck next season.
    You guys ain't as far out of our footprint as Idaho was and you'll quickly learn to hate Ga State too... So there's a chance.
    "Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?... No, Who is with me?" Bluto

"We'll win one we should have lost, and lose one we should have won, surprise a OOC FBS opponent or two, win the SBC Championship and get our second bowl win" Me

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    If a tree falls in the woods and nobody is around to hear it did it make a sound?
    what a way to describe the 2017 GS football season.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    what a way to describe the 2017 GS football season.
    We went 2-10 and played more games on national TV than NDSU.

Unfortunately for us, people heard our figurative tree fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonbacker View Post
    HI guys, Interesting read this thread is. I agree with you guys that you did all you could at that level and it was time to move on. I feel the same way about NDSU at the FCS level unfortunately for us unlike you we don't have a FBS conference in our footprint that would make sense for us to move into and the MWC isn't knocking on our doors as far as I know. The MAC is out of our footprint as well and quite honestly we beat the tar out of their eventual conference champion Central Michigan back in 2007 44-14. That was before we were playoff eligible at the FCS level but I think we would have represented ourselves very well back then had we been allowed to participate in the playoffs. Well anyway I just stopped by because one of your posters posted over on Bisonville some of your comments which were very gracious. I just miss playing you guys and wish teams like you and App, and others were still around but I totally get the desire to move up and move on. Many NDSU fans feel the same way and many others are fine where they are just like the debate you guys had among yourselves back when you were looking at moving up. You made the right move and hopefully one day NDSU will as well.

For the time being us fans of NDSU that wish we would/could move up will just have to wait.

Best of luck next season.
    Thanks BisonBacker, you're at the top of FCS and you deserve it because you won it in the playoffs just as we did.

You'll be in FBS sooner than you think & when you are its a best out of 5 series. GSU 3 - NDSU 2.

GSU wins by 17 PPG & NDSU wins by 3.
    GSU Spread Option FOOTBALL - out weighed, but never outplayed

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

Don't bash NDSU Billy. Backer came and gave us props.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

dam TV.

Quote Originally Posted by VorlonEagle View Post
    Actually I do get it..............it just gets old if its not even remotely funny or interesting
    Nah. You thought I was serious. Plus, I can tell by your posts you have no sense of humor. You don't know "funny."

And we both know I'm EASILY a top 5 interesting poster. You sound like a fool.
    Last edited by Buzz Killington; 7th January 2018 at 08:00 PM.

BisonBacker check your PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON View Post
    Don't bash NDSU Billy. Backer came and gave us props.
    He's not bashing them. He's just being honest.

We were a 2-10 team and were on national broadcasts more than NDSU was. That's just facts.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    He's not bashing them. He's just being honest.

We were a 2-10 team and were on national broadcasts more than NDSU was. That's just facts.
    OK, in a backhanded way.