TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Men's Basketball vs Little Rock

Default Re: Men's Basketball vs Little Rock

Ronshad Shabazz is a character from that Key and Peele skit so we should be fine

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Ronshad Shabazz is a character from that Key and Peele skit so we should be fine
    People never grow up. They just learn how to act in public.

The artist formerly known as gsu_paintballer.

Everyone relax, Little Rock is the best 4-13 team I've ever watched. They were long, quick and very athletic. We went cold, missed a few key foul shots. But we got Tookie!, All-American. Glenn with another big game. Jake hit some big three's and thank heavens Mike redeemed himself hitting that big three. Quan also played solid. Ike continues to progress. Still would like to see Tookie take more shots, many more shots. BJ, God bless him, he's an accident waiting to happen(smile)

4. Default Re: Men's Basketball vs Little Rock

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Everyone relax, Little Rock is the best 4-13 team I've ever watched. They were long, quick and very athletic. We went cold, missed a few key foul shots. But we got Tookie!, All-American. Glenn with another big game. Jake hit some big three's and thank heavens Mike redeemed himself hitting that big three. Quan also played solid. Ike continues to progress. Still would like to see Tookie take more shots, many more shots. BJ, God bless him, he's an accident waiting to happen(smile)
    I would have been less surprised with tonight's performance had it been in Little Rock, but IMO this game should not have been this close at home.

Nonetheless, I am glad we got the win. Way to go, Eagles!

UALR is not a bad team. Lost by 10 at State. Every game is a war. Ark St almost beat Gag St today after we blow them out by 30 points. Basketball is always about the win. We will have better games and some big games coming up. I agree about Gladden, he needs to play D and rebound, set screens but do not waste a possession by getting fouled or shooting the ball. Let the shooters shoot. We got a bunch of them.

We were up 11 or 13 and the refs decided they wanted to play tonight too. This game was essentially a 38.5 minute free throw contest with 1.5 minutes of decent basketball tossed in at the end for some excitement.

We came out as flat as possible, went up by a comfortable margin and immediately got out of OUR game when the refs made some ridiculous calls. Then they really got nutty in the first 10 minutes of the second half.

I agree that UALR matched up pretty well with us but my goodness all of their uncontested threes kept them really in this game. The refs were so busy looking for ticky-tack fouls they missed UALR walking all over the floor.

Just glad to get a W out of that mess. That is a game where last year or 2 years ago we easily lose our composure after giving up the lead and waste it away and lose (like vs. ULM 2 years ago at home).
    “Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle22 View Post
    We were up 11 or 13 and the refs decided they wanted to play tonight too. This game was essentially a 38.5 minute free throw contest with 1.5 minutes of decent basketball tossed in at the end for some excitement.

We came out as flat as possible, went up by a comfortable margin and immediately got out of OUR game when the refs made some ridiculous calls. Then they really got nutty in the first 10 minutes of the second half.

I agree that UALR matched up pretty well with us but my goodness all of their uncontested threes kept them really in this game. The refs were so busy looking for ticky-tack fouls they missed UALR walking all over the floor.

Just glad to get a W out of that mess. That is a game where last year or 2 years ago we easily lose our composure after giving up the lead and waste it away and lose (like vs. ULM 2 years ago at home).
    Same team as the last few years.

8. Default Re: Men's Basketball vs Little Rock

Heck of a game to watch in person and I got to see Garns dance. It is well

Quote Originally Posted by GSUParty View Post
    Heck of a game to watch in person and I got to see Garns dance. It is well
    Really wish they would show that on TV...

Tonight's refs were atrocious. I've matured a lot in the last 10-15 years and that came in handy 45 minutes after the game when the crew and I ended up at our cars, which were two spaces apart, at the same time.

Then again, maybe the maturity didn't matter. Instead of wanting to dog cuss them out of the lot like younger CC would have, I was overcome by the same incredulous feeling that I had during the game.

It wasn't so much anger as it was exasperation. Like... how can you possibly be this bad?!?!

There was the early call on Jackson, when a LR post guy received a lob into the post and Jackson took it right out of his hands. - Not only was it not a foul, but the ref called it a shooting foul when the guy was still in the process of receiving the pass.

Then there was the horse**** foul at the end of the first half. Basically a free three FTs, just because.

Late in the second half, Hughes ran through a reach in. I think the guy got all ball, but it was just a slap that barely hindered Hughes and the refs blew it dead for a jump ball.

And then there was the call on Ike with 40 seconds left as he somehow fouled a guy who sprinted into him after a 30-foot head start.

And there were a handful of touchy calls that hurt LR as well. I'm not arguing that some sort of fix was in. I'm just saying that those three should spend a few years calling boys and girls club games. That's more their speed.