Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Men's Basketball vs Little Rock

Default Re: Men's Basketball vs Little Rock

Best 4-13 team ever.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    Seems like every game we lose the officiating comes up. When Towson beat us by a hundred the refs were shaving points. The reality is that this is not a very good team. We likely finish again outside of the top 3 in what is a monster conference that is the Sun Belt. But, next year is the year.
    It’s got to be tough watching us win these last few years.

I don't think the refs had it in for us, but when a game is called the way it is the game ceases to be basketball and becomes something else. At least that's my opinion. And I would rather be the beneficiary of critical end-of-game calls (like the foul that was called on Quan Jackson after he blocked South Alabama's three-point shot or the absurd offensive foul on Ike at the end of the LR game) than ones in the middle of the game.

That said, I do feel like we need to start shooting better. The #1 reason I know this team is different than last year is that we're the top offensive rebounding team in the Sun Belt (we're third in scoring offense in spite of being tenth in shooting percentage in all 3 categories). We will lose to some of the lesser teams in the Sun Belt if we don't at least get consistently mediocre in our shooting. Losing Jake after this season could hurt more than we think.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I don't think the refs had it in for us, but when a game is called the way it is the game ceases to be basketball and becomes something else. At least that's my opinion. And I would rather be the beneficiary of critical end-of-game calls (like the foul that was called on Quan Jackson after he blocked South Alabama's three-point shot or the absurd offensive foul on Ike at the end of the LR game) than ones in the middle of the game.

That said, I do feel like we need to start shooting better. The #1 reason I know this team is different than last year is that we're the top offensive rebounding team in the Sun Belt (we're third in scoring offense in spite of being tenth in shooting percentage in all 3 categories). We will lose to some of the lesser teams in the Sun Belt if we don't at least get consistently mediocre in our shooting. Losing Jake after this season could hurt more than we think.
    In reference to losing Allsmiller. It will be a big loss for sure. Might I just say that we have a real sniper coming in that may “ease the pain” a bit.

David Viti Jr

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-IK2m8irG8

Byington on Viti: "David is very athletic and can play multiple positions. He is an elite shooter who should be able to get a lot of open shots in our system. I think he is only scratching the surface on how good he can be. My favorite things about him are his toughness and his ability to be a leader. He plays with great confidence that is contagious to his teammates."

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    In reference to losing Allsmiller. It will be a big loss for sure. Might I just say that we have a real sniper coming in that may “ease the pain” a bit.

David Viti Jr

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v-IK2m8irG8

Byington on Viti: "David is very athletic and can play multiple positions. He is an elite shooter who should be able to get a lot of open shots in our system. I think he is only scratching the surface on how good he can be. My favorite things about him are his toughness and his ability to be a leader. He plays with great confidence that is contagious to his teammates."
    +1, there is Jakes replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post

+1 on the shooting stats. That is really what happened last night, we got in that stretch where nothing is falling and that will let lesser teams back in it and good teams will thump you.

We definitely gave up too many uncontested 3’s last night. That let them back in the game. That’s the type of game you just get the W and get out.

Also Quan Jackson is getting better and better. Hopefully Ike can continue to get back into shape because Jackson would be one heck of a 6th man.

There’s one player though that is completely dead weight. Wasn’t a fan of his last year and I think he’s actuallly managed to get worse.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gsutrublu View Post
    Did you watch the game yesterday?

I can answer that for you...no he didn’t. Dude probably hasn’t watched a game in years. Which is probably a good thing because he wouldn’t have a clue what he’s watching anyways. Anybody who thinks CY was a good coach has absolutely zero knowledge about the game of basketball.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    I can answer that for you...no he didn’t. Dude probably hasn’t watched a game in years. Which is probably a good thing because he wouldn’t have a clue what he’s watching anyways. Anybody who thinks CY was a good coach has absolutely zero knowledge about the game of basketball.
    +1000
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Quote Originally Posted by GSUParty View Post
    Heck of a game to watch in person and I got to see Garns dance. It is well
    I think I saw Garns’ moves on tv for a second when they showed the team bench!
    Peterson, taking care of business now. Peterson, still on his feet! Peterson, still on his feet! Peterson!! Still on his feet!