TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How nice

Default How nice

So apparently Bulloch County bleeds red and black. On Facebook:

Bulloch County Board of Commissioners
    3 hrs ·
    In honor of the 2018 College Football National Championship, Bulloch County has declared Monday, January 8th, UGA day! All employees are encouraged to wear Bulldog red and black attire tomorrow! Let's support UGA by becoming a dawg for the day and painting the county in red and black! ��

Sorry couldn't imbed it.

Update: it's been taken off Facebook already.
    Last edited by EaglesDare; 7th January 2018 at 07:40 PM.
    Eagles Dare, Anytime, Anywhere!

Default Re: How nice

Oh Hail No! Not tomorrow. Not any day. Ever.

3. Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    So apparently Bulloch County bleeds red and black. On Facebook:

Bulloch County Board of Commissioners
    3 hrs ·
    In honor of the 2018 College Football National Championship, Bulloch County has declared Monday, January 8th, UGA day! All employees are encouraged to wear Bulldog red and black attire tomorrow! Let's support UGA by becoming a dawg for the day and painting the county in red and black! ��

Sorry couldn't imbed it.

Update: it's been taken off Facebook already.
    Total bs. Thought Com chair Roy Thompson was an eagle. Guess not. There are a couple of them who are instigating this. One in particular drove his family to the rose bowl last week and thinks everyone loves ugag.

That’s embarrassing for those people
    Dr. Tredell Dorsey, Esq., Black Belt, and motivational speaker

Embarrassing for the city.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Even though this post was taken down having it posted in the first place rubs me the wrong way. I’m sure the university may have gotten wind of this and that’s why we are pushing #TrueBlueMonday but for the county commissioners to even consider that and undermine the interests of the university is abhorable.

The county doesn't grow without Georgia Southern and Georgia Southern doesn't even exist without county residents fighting for the school back in 1906. There 100% needs to be complete dedication on both sides to one another for further progress. After the last two footballs seasons we have an extremely uphill battle to fight and the county should want to aid in this battle. Not to mention that the county should want to capitalize on the recent consolidation to grow further possibilities with the Statesboro campus.

Any of you folks honestly think the Athen-Clarke County Goverment would declare "Georgia Southern Day" and encourage folks to wear blue and white? Hold on, I've got to go outside and puke.

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    Any of you folks honestly think the Athen-Clarke County Goverment would declare "Georgia Southern Day" and encourage folks to wear blue and white? Hold on, I've got to go outside and puke.

Just more proof that it will be near impossible to make any waves in Georgia against the
    unwashed masses of Walmart Dawg jersey fans......

Not like anyone would wear a UGA jersey to s Southern game or something

Yep, if we can't even get our own home county to not UGA nut-hug, how are we ever going to expect to make headway. Just sad. Seeing so much on social media of "but I can do both". Sure, it's true, you can. But there's a point where rubber hits the road and you have to make a choice on who you support with your loyalty and your money. We have far too many that "cheer for us", but don't donate a damn dime but I guarantee you they buy UGA tix, gear, etc. I've seen "Ga Southern just needs time to get to that level... to get to a legitimate conference".... yeah, we do need time, but we also need SUPPORT!!!! Fully dedicated support.... both monetary and "feelings". We'll never grow as long as a lot of alum give their alma mater table scraps while giving more elsewhere.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

10. Default Re: How nice

This is very disappointing to hear.