TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How nice

Default Re: How nice

I thought the message board would explode with this news. Perhaps Eagle Nation should just bow down to the Dogs. Start a Georgia Southern Bulldog Club on campus? Luke Bryan could head up a Georgia Southern Bulldog Alumni Club. This could really take off. Go Dawgs!

2. Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by birdseye View Post
    I thought the message board would explode with this news. Perhaps Eagle Nation should just bow down to the Dogs. Start a Georgia Southern Bulldog Club on campus? Luke Bryan could head up a Georgia Southern Bulldog Alumni Club. This could really take off. Go Dawgs!
    Seriously? It's been like 3 hours between your post and the opening post of this thread... and, it is not like the thread title has anything remotely close to do with the actual content of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GaSou93 View Post
    Yep, if we can't even get our own home county to not UGA nut-hug, how are we ever going to expect to make headway. Just sad. Seeing so much on social media of "but I can do both". Sure, it's true, you can. But there's a point where rubber hits the road and you have to make a choice on who you support with your loyalty and your money. We have far too many that "cheer for us", but don't donate a damn dime but I guarantee you they buy UGA tix, gear, etc. I've seen "Ga Southern just needs time to get to that level... to get to a legitimate conference".... yeah, we do need time, but we also need SUPPORT!!!! Fully dedicated support.... both monetary and "feelings". We'll never grow as long as a lot of alum give their alma mater table scraps while giving more elsewhere.
    "Only a sith speaks in absolutes". People absolutely can and often times will do both. I believe half and half's name is tribute to that. I myself like GaSouthern and FSU as a P5. The only time I have to make a choice in who I support in those two is if they ever play each other again. I graduated from Southern, so it's not a hard choice. Obviously, not everyone thinks like that.

As of now, a lot of people/companies are showing their support to the Georgia flag ship school that made it to the final college football game of the season. Add to that it's in Atlanta, so it's basically a home game. UGA and their fandom have been waiting for this moment nearly 40 years...and they're going to make sure to enjoy every moment of it (until Bama puts that beat down on them). Even people that don't really watch football are barking. Is it annoying? Absolutely it is, but UGA/GaSouthern is not a rivalry. We're getting bent out of shape more than freaking GTech. We're in a 1 man d*ck measuring contest hoping for acknowledgement from a system that's not going to acknowledge us (at least in our lifetimes). We need to zip it up and do the best WE can at achieving OUR goals. Athletically, I think it's important for GaSouthern to look into how to create our own "Walmart fans". Savannah seems like a good place to start. Even if we have to give away tickets and offer free community bus rides to the stadium. Walmart fans, as annoying and ridiculous as they are, provide a lot of easy revenue. GS alum alone aren't going to cut it.

I just sayin...if you have a legitimate reason to hate UGA, then by all means, hate away. But if you hate UGA because most of the state likes them, or because you feel GaSouthern should get more recognition, or you hate them and can’t think of anything else besides Walmart fans or some nonesense, then there’s no point. The petty stuff should be focused on GaState. I have personal reasons as to why I don’t like UGA. On a side note...let's all pray for the Auburn fans. Today will be the worst day in their program's history....both of their top rivals, who they beat this season, playing for the NC...ouch.
    Last edited by EagleNationRising; 8th January 2018 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Seriously? It's been like 3 hours between your post and the opening post of this thread... and, it is not like the thread title has anything remotely close to do with the actual content of the thread.
    I hope Bama curb stomps the Dogs!

5. Default Re: How nice

Me, too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luke Bryan does at least donate to us now. He's in the Flight program and considering how few we have at that level, I can't complain as much as I did before.

Just curious to all the "show state pride" crew, do you think Auburn is rooting for Alabama? That's just a piss poor excuse that 1. you are on the bandwagon 2. you're loyalty is not with GS.

No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Luke Bryan does at least donate to us now. He's in the Flight program and considering how few we have at that level, I can't complain as much as I did before.

Just curious to all the "show state pride" crew, do you think Auburn is rooting for Alabama? That's just a piss poor excuse that 1. you are on the bandwagon 2. you're loyalty is not with GS.

There is a guy in my office that is an Auburn grad and he's begrudgingly pulling for 'Bama. Only reason is because the place would be insufferable if Georgia wins.
    Screwing up networks throughout the nation.

8. Default Re: How nice

I second that motion. But, still holding out for the announcement of a NCAA violation in which both programs are disqualified before kickoff, lol.

I know one thing, I will not watch one second of the game (and contribute to any ratings).

I'll watch it because it's college football. I would watch it no matter who was playing in it. I don't care who wins personally, but it should still be a good game.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I'll be wiping my butt with my tag bill and mailing it with pennies next month. Just sayin'