TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How nice

Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Luke Bryan does at least donate to us now. He's in the Flight program and considering how few we have at that level, I can't complain as much as I did before.

Just curious to all the "show state pride" crew, do you think Auburn is rooting for Alabama? That's just a piss poor excuse that 1. you are on the bandwagon 2. you're loyalty is not with GS.

Yeah, LB is finally donating...but I'm donating more than he is, and I didn't go to GS and I don't have a multi-million$ recording contract. Dude should square up...

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

To heck with it all!, I'm wearing my UAlbany stuff today, hat and all!

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Yeah, LB is finally donating...but I'm donating more than he is, and I didn't go to GS and I don't have a multi-million$ recording contract. Dude should square up...
    And I'll bet you a dime to a donut that he'll be on the sidelines in red and black tonight.

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

Quote Originally Posted by eagle#58 View Post
    Last I checked he was at the $10K level. At least I could have sworn that was the case. The issue is the previous admin straight up asked him for a huge donation without building a relationship first and rightfully so that upset him.

I'm working with 2 vendors on quotes. I couldn't tell you how many times company A has taken me to lunch or happy hour to try and help close the deal. Then company B, talked with them a few times, watched a few presentations, took me to Joey D's (if you know the Perimeter area) for lunch. That's how you properly butter someone up. These are not even large contracts, these quotes are just over $100K. Not huge in the IT landscape where a lot of these deals are in the millions.

No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

5. Default Re: How nice

I don't care what anybody else wears... I'm wearing my blue GS shirt today. I can't control what anybody else does but I will never wear red and black, or GT gold for that matter. I went to GS and I'm proud of it, and nobody has to tell me to wear my colors because it's just natural for me to wear it just about everyday of my life, since my time at GS.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleNationRising View Post
    "Only a sith speaks in absolutes". People absolutely can and often times will do both. I believe half and half's name is tribute to that. I myself like GaSouthern and FSU as a P5. The only time I have to make a choice in who I support in those two is if they ever play each other again. I graduated from Southern, so it's not a hard choice. Obviously, not everyone thinks like that.

As of now, a lot of people/companies are showing their support to the Georgia flag ship school that made it to the final college football game of the season. Add to that it's in Atlanta, so it's basically a home game. UGA and their fandom have been waiting for this moment nearly 40 years...and they're going to make sure to enjoy every moment of it (until Bama puts that beat down on them). Even people that don't really watch football are barking. Is it annoying? Absolutely it is, but UGA/GaSouthern is not a rivalry. We're getting bent out of shape more than freaking GTech. We're in a 1 man d*ck measuring contest hoping for acknowledgement from a system that's not going to acknowledge us (at least in our lifetimes). We need to zip it up and do the best WE can at achieving OUR goals. Athletically, I think it's important for GaSouthern to look into how to create our own "Walmart fans". Savannah seems like a good place to start. Even if we have to give away tickets and offer free community bus rides to the stadium. Walmart fans, as annoying and ridiculous as they are, provide a lot of easy revenue. GS alum alone aren't going to cut it.

I just sayin...if you have a legitimate reason to hate UGA, then by all means, hate away. But if you hate UGA because most of the state likes them, or because you feel GaSouthern should get more recognition, or you hate them and can’t think of anything else besides Walmart fans or some nonesense, then there’s no point. The petty stuff should be focused on GaState. I have personal reasons as to why I don’t like UGA. On a side note...let's all pray for the Auburn fans. Today will be the worst day in their program's history....both of their top rivals, who they beat this season, playing for the NC...ouch.
    We'll, here are a few reasons to hate their program:

Their primarily alumni controlled BOR:
    Set them up in business by building their athletic facilities with tax dollars (a lot of that from South East ga), then preceded to change the law and do away with those funds for athletic facilities.
    They robbed all the senior colleges in this state (They robbed Georgia Southern) by not allowing them to build an endowment with the excess revenues they were pulling in. This is one of the major considerations in conference invites (endowment size matters). As we all know, larger conference payouts allow for many advantages, one of which is having the money to hold onto successful coaching staffs and stay off the rollercoaster seasons like we have had lately. They took those excess revenues and funneled them to Athens (removing Bulloch county money).

They tried to institute rules that would not allow GS to collect the FBS fees necessary to pay our note on the Stadium expansion.
    They only adjusted the numbers after they were threatened with having to pay the note themselves as they had previously approved the expansion. They did this under the guise of being concerned with putting extra fees in students. Yet the extra fees in students at uga is higher than at GS, even including the FBS fee. Crock of crap!
    They leave a threat in writing of constantly evaluating our FBS performance, and expressing their control over forcing us back the FCS if they see fit.

All that and they cheat their behind off when we play them. Why not play us with visiting officials? Guess they need their insurance. And they have used it, I'm here to tell you!

How about them calling a recruit the night before national signing day (a long time RB commit to GS), and flipping him over the phone without as much as a visit! Because RB flipped on them to ok or ok state if I remember correctly.

So NO, I WILL NOT be a "dawg" for a day. Not ANY DAY. And I honestly don't know how any informed Alumni of our University could be.
    And the politicians that think we should, should pay for it in the polls.

Besides, why celebrate the runner up game?
    Central Florida is the National Champion.

Why would we celebrate a game or system that ABSOLUTELY excludes 50% of the programs that play in the FBS, including Georgia Southern?

They MIGHT have the right two playing for the so called title. BUT, they skipped a step. The assumption that UCF (or any G5), couldn't win is BOTH ARROGANT AND JUST PLAIN WRONG.

Anyway, for tonight... ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    To heck with it all!, I'm wearing my UAlbany stuff today, hat and all!
    You have a disease.
    Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Atleast 7-5 with a legit shot at 8-4.

Only chance of this team winning less than 6 games is if it's ravenged by injuries. Anybody predicting 4 wins or some crap like that is clueless. Post Arkansas St game is going to be fun around here to watch the crow being eaten. Heck, even post UNH is going to provide some fun.

Per the bandwagon fans...I’ve already heard more than 1 UGA fan call into sports talk radio and complain about all the bandwagon fans coming out of the woodworks now that they are having success. As one fan put it “if you didn’t at worst suffer through Joe Terishinski then don’t talk to me”.

Moral of the story....nobody likes a bandwagon fan. They annoy everybody.
    Quote Originally Posted by NO_QUARTER View Post
    I actually considered getting into a debate with Half one time (on something unimportant). But then chickened out because I knew my a$$ was about to get handed to me.

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Per the bandwagon fans...I’ve already heard more than 1 UGA fan call into sports talk radio and complain about all the bandwagon fans coming out of the woodworks now that they are having success. As one fan put it “if you didn’t at worst suffer through Joe Terishinski then don’t talk to me”.

Moral of the story....nobody likes a bandwagon fan. They annoy everybody.
    Hell I probably suffered through Joe T more than some of these bandwagoners and I'm the furthest thing possible from a UGA fan.

10. Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Last I checked he was at the $10K level. At least I could have sworn that was the case. The issue is the previous admin straight up asked him for a huge donation without building a relationship first and rightfully so that upset him.

I'm working with 2 vendors on quotes. I couldn't tell you how many times company A has taken me to lunch or happy hour to try and help close the deal. Then company B, talked with them a few times, watched a few presentations, took me to Joey D's (if you know the Perimeter area) for lunch. That's how you properly butter someone up. These are not even large contracts, these quotes are just over $100K. Not huge in the IT landscape where a lot of these deals are in the millions.

I dont see him in the 10k list in the flight magazine.