TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How nice

Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by gsu01 View Post
    I dont see him in the 10k list in the flight magazine.
    He and his wife are Marvin Pittman Society members.
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

Just wanted to also say that we are ALWAYS competing with uga.

Mostly for the hearts and minds of our own Alumni. But also for the casual fan. I have no problem with "wal Mart" fans, except when they think they're better than me due the shirt they wear. As if even being uga Alumni would make them better than me.

We need as many fans as we can get though, and uga winning tonight is counter productive to that objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    We'll, here are a few reasons to hate their program:

Their primarily alumni controlled BOR:
    Set them up in business by building their athletic facilities with tax dollars (a lot of that from South East ga), then preceded to change the law and do away with those funds for athletic facilities.
    They robbed all the senior colleges in this state (They robbed Georgia Southern) by not allowing them to build an endowment with the excess revenues they were pulling in. This is one of the major considerations in conference invites (endowment size matters). As we all know, larger conference payouts allow for many advantages, one of which is having the money to hold onto successful coaching staffs and stay off the rollercoaster seasons like we have had lately. They took those excess revenues and funneled them to Athens (removing Bulloch county money).

They tried to institute rules that would not allow GS to collect the FBS fees necessary to pay our note on the Stadium expansion.
    They only adjusted the numbers after they were threatened with having to pay the note themselves as they had previously approved the expansion. They did this under the guise of being concerned with putting extra fees in students. Yet the extra fees in students at uga is higher than at GS, even including the FBS fee. Crock of crap!
    They leave a threat in writing of constantly evaluating our FBS performance, and expressing their control over forcing us back the FCS if they see fit.

All that and they cheat their behind off when we play them. Why not play us with visiting officials? Guess they need their insurance. And they have used it, I'm here to tell you!

How about them calling a recruit the night before national signing day (a long time RB commit to GS), and flipping him over the phone without as much as a visit! Because RB flipped on them to ok or ok state if I remember correctly.

So NO, I WILL NOT be a "dawg" for a day. Not ANY DAY. And I honestly don't know how any informed Alumni of our University could be.
    And the politicians that think we should, should pay for it in the polls.

Besides, why celebrate the runner up game?
    Central Florida is the National Champion.

Why would we celebrate a game or system that ABSOLUTELY excludes 50% of the programs that play in the FBS, including Georgia Southern?

They MIGHT have the right two playing for the so called title. BUT, they skipped a step. The assumption that UCF (or any G5), couldn't win is BOTH ARROGANT AND JUST PLAIN WRONG.

Anyway, for tonight... ROLL TIDE!
    +1. All valid reasons to be upset with the system in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    So apparently Bulloch County bleeds red and black. On Facebook:

Bulloch County Board of Commissioners
    3 hrs ·
    In honor of the 2018 College Football National Championship, Bulloch County has declared Monday, January 8th, UGA day! All employees are encouraged to wear Bulldog red and black attire tomorrow! Let's support UGA by becoming a dawg for the day and painting the county in red and black! ��

Sorry couldn't imbed it.

Update: it's been taken off Facebook already.
    What a slap in the face and embarrassment. Most of the powers that be in Atlanta and Athens couldn't find Bulloch Co on a map. I see nothing wrong with fans but official statements from a university or bulloch co is crossing the line.

5. Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    We'll, here are a few reasons to hate their program:

Their primarily alumni controlled BOR:
    Set them up in business by building their athletic facilities with tax dollars (a lot of that from South East ga), then preceded to change the law and do away with those funds for athletic facilities.
    They robbed all the senior colleges in this state (They robbed Georgia Southern) by not allowing them to build an endowment with the excess revenues they were pulling in. This is one of the major considerations in conference invites (endowment size matters). As we all know, larger conference payouts allow for many advantages, one of which is having the money to hold onto successful coaching staffs and stay off the rollercoaster seasons like we have had lately. They took those excess revenues and funneled them to Athens (removing Bulloch county money).

They tried to institute rules that would not allow GS to collect the FBS fees necessary to pay our note on the Stadium expansion.
    They only adjusted the numbers after they were threatened with having to pay the note themselves as they had previously approved the expansion. They did this under the guise of being concerned with putting extra fees in students. Yet the extra fees in students at uga is higher than at GS, even including the FBS fee. Crock of crap!
    They leave a threat in writing of constantly evaluating our FBS performance, and expressing their control over forcing us back the FCS if they see fit.

All that and they cheat their behind off when we play them. Why not play us with visiting officials? Guess they need their insurance. And they have used it, I'm here to tell you!

How about them calling a recruit the night before national signing day (a long time RB commit to GS), and flipping him over the phone without as much as a visit! Because RB flipped on them to ok or ok state if I remember correctly.

So NO, I WILL NOT be a "dawg" for a day. Not ANY DAY. And I honestly don't know how any informed Alumni of our University could be.
    And the politicians that think we should, should pay for it in the polls.

Besides, why celebrate the runner up game?
    Central Florida is the National Champion.

Why would we celebrate a game or system that ABSOLUTELY excludes 50% of the programs that play in the FBS, including Georgia Southern?

They MIGHT have the right two playing for the so called title. BUT, they skipped a step. The assumption that UCF (or any G5), couldn't win is BOTH ARROGANT AND JUST PLAIN WRONG.

Anyway, for tonight... ROLL TIDE!
    Spot on!! Most of our supporters and fans don't understand that athens controls the purse strings thru the legislature and the BOR. Even BOR members from this area are under control or outright ugag supporters. One of our former legislaters used to have a saying when he was asked about getting something for GS which was "athens is never gonna let that happen". He was a ugag grad, but in fact did a lot of good, but knew they were in control in all the right places. He also said they would initiate programs to keep other schools from getting them. GT faces some of the same issues. Remember when ugag decided to start an engineering program?

Someone mentioned having a problem with the system rather than ugag. Well just remember this, they are the system and are in total control.

6. Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by Booster EYES View Post
    He and his wife are Marvin Pittman Society members.
    Got ya.

Proud of my office today here in Statesboro.. We only had two employees show up in UGA gear. Both never attended college so I give them a pass. I proudly wore my blue and will be pullin for BAMA
    RTR GATA
    Eagle Booster since 1993
    HailSouthern!

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    Per the bandwagon fans...I’ve already heard more than 1 UGA fan call into sports talk radio and complain about all the bandwagon fans coming out of the woodworks now that they are having success. As one fan put it “if you didn’t at worst suffer through Joe Terishinski then don’t talk to me”.

Moral of the story....nobody likes a bandwagon fan. They annoy everybody.
    Yes they do.......
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesDare View Post
    So apparently Bulloch County bleeds red and black. On Facebook:

Bulloch County Board of Commissioners
    3 hrs ·
    In honor of the 2018 College Football National Championship, Bulloch County has declared Monday, January 8th, UGA day! All employees are encouraged to wear Bulldog red and black attire tomorrow! Let's support UGA by becoming a dawg for the day and painting the county in red and black! ��

Sorry couldn't imbed it.

Update: it's been taken off Facebook already.
    Good ole Bulloch County make millions upon millions off of GS being there but little love in return...They should take a look around at all the crap hole counties in GA without a revenue fountain they have nothing to do with.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

you missed JDC's point.

10. Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Spot on!! Most of our supporters and fans don't understand that athens controls the purse strings thru the legislature and the BOR. Even BOR members from this area are under control or outright ugag supporters. One of our former legislaters used to have a saying when he was asked about getting something for GS which was "athens is never gonna let that happen". He was a ugag grad, but in fact did a lot of good, but knew they were in control in all the right places. He also said they would initiate programs to keep other schools from getting them. GT faces some of the same issues. Remember when ugag decided to start an engineering program?

Someone mentioned having a problem with the system rather than ugag. Well just remember this, they are the system and are in total control.
    We have the most powerful senator in the state in our district and he and his wife are both GS grads... Jack Hill. He loves GS and is at a lot of our games, he is the chairman of the Ways and Means committee and has been for a number of years, but he is a politician and has to "get along " with the north of I20 crowd to be able to get anything done.