TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How nice

1. Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by claxtoneagle View Post
    We have the most powerful senator in the state in our district and he and his wife are both GS grads... Jack Hill. He loves GS and is at a lot of our games, he is the chairman of the Ways and Means committee and has been for a number of years, but he is a politician and has to "get along " with the north of I20 crowd to be able to get anything done.
    It's the Senate Appropriations committee, and has many sub committees, education and higher education included.

2. Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Spot on!! Most of our supporters and fans don't understand that athens controls the purse strings thru the legislature and the BOR. Even BOR members from this area are under control or outright ugag supporters. One of our former legislaters used to have a saying when he was asked about getting something for GS which was "athens is never gonna let that happen". He was a ugag grad, but in fact did a lot of good, but knew they were in control in all the right places. He also said they would initiate programs to keep other schools from getting them. GT faces some of the same issues. Remember when ugag decided to start an engineering program?

Someone mentioned having a problem with the system rather than ugag. Well just remember this, they are the system and are in total control.

I discovered today they no longer have a majority of BOR members. In 2017 10 of the 19 BOR members had UGA undergrad or grad degrees. Three of the UGA grads rolled off at the end of 2017. There are now only 9 out of the 19 members with UGA degrees. It will be interesting to see if this impacts decision making in any way.
    Ken Smith
    1988 -BS Computer Science
    Suwanee Ga.

Default Re: How nice

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Last I checked he was at the $10K level. At least I could have sworn that was the case. The issue is the previous admin straight up asked him for a huge donation without building a relationship first and rightfully so that upset him.

I'm working with 2 vendors on quotes. I couldn't tell you how many times company A has taken me to lunch or happy hour to try and help close the deal. Then company B, talked with them a few times, watched a few presentations, took me to Joey D's (if you know the Perimeter area) for lunch. That's how you properly butter someone up. These are not even large contracts, these quotes are just over $100K. Not huge in the IT landscape where a lot of these deals are in the millions.

I didn't know Joey D's was still there...it's been 8-10 years since I ate there. Really great steaks...

Bob Frye
    GSU fan since 2011
    ...father to a former Eagle great...
    husband to the mother of that former Eagle great...
    and I will have my vengence, in this life or the next!

EKU class of 1984 Ind. Electronics Technology

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    I discovered today they no longer have a majority of BOR members. In 2017 10 of the 19 BOR members had UGA undergrad or grad degrees. Three of the UGA grads rolled off at the end of 2017. There are now only 9 out of the 19 members with UGA degrees. It will be interesting to see if this impacts decision making in any way.
    That is interesting.

What is the make up of the rest of the board?
    I'd wager that no other program has 9 alums on the Board.
    They will most likely stick together and with all that influence, only need one other vote to still rule in favor of what is usually the most beneficial to uga.

Quote Originally Posted by gwinnetteagle88 View Post
    Casey Cagle should be little better for GS if elected Gov as well but he is a dwag fan it appears as well.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    Casey Cagle should be little better for GS if elected Gov as well but he is a dwag fan it appears as well.
    Didnt he graduate from UG as well?
    Poster formerly known as gudp1

7. Default Re: How nice

Good ole Bulloch County make millions upon millions off of GS being there but little love in return...They should take a look around at all the crap hole counties in GA without a revenue fountain they have nothing to do with.
    Yeah. Not a very well thought out strategy by Bulloch County considering GS now has a campus in Savannah. Smh.

8. Default Re: How nice

He is a politician running for a state wide office. He needs the support of the other politicians and insiders who happen to be UGA fans. He is making the smart play. His three sons also played at GagState (2 golf and 1 basketball) so he might be more neutral than any other choice.

Apprently there's a lot of butthurt on Facebook over Chad Lunsford's post and the rescinded call for people in Bulloch County to wear red.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Apprently there's a lot of butthurt on Facebook over Chad Lunsford's post and the rescinded call for people in Bulloch County to wear red.
    What was the tweet?