TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Monday Fun

Default Blue Monday Fun

As I’m boarding the first flight of the day, the flight attendant commented on my Alumni luggage tag (the one with multiple holes punched out to keep it hanging on because I wore out the original). She said “Oh Georgia Southern!” I couldn’t resist. “”Absolutely,” I said. “Isn’t this the day all Georgians are supposed to wear blue ?” Which got a huge chuckle from those around me. “”Hey,I heard having to cheer for UGA because they are in Georgia, is like having to cheer for Satan because he’s in the Bible.” Which got a few “Ouch!” Remarks.
    Last edited by Eaglebilly; 8th January 2018 at 05:55 AM.

2. Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

Nice!!

Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post
    As I’m boarding the first flight of the day, the flight attendant commented on my Alumni luggage tag (the one with multiple holes punched out to keep it hanging on because I wore out the original). She said “Oh Georgia Southern!” I couldn’t resist. “”Absolutely,” I said. “Isn’t this the day all Georgians are supposed to wear blue ?” Which got a huge chuckle from those around me. “”Hey,I heard having to cheer for UGA because they are in Georgia, is like having to cheer for Satan because he’s in the Bible.” Which got a few “Ouch!” Remarks.
    POTY nominee right here

Hail Southern And No Place Else!
    Laney Claxton
    BBA 1987

5. Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

What I find that works well in dealing with they is to say "I'm 100% eagle and I just don't care about the game". They are incredulous when you say that you have not intention of watching the game. I have gain a new respect for our coach with his call for a blue out after our bulloch county commissioners did what they did. One should not be surprised at what they did, but I was surprised at roy thompson who is the chairman and "I thought he was an eagle thru and thru". Did notice his red sweater yesterday at church though. Goes to show the level of control ugag has over this state. But not me!!

#NoDawgs

Great response. Hail Southern!!
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Hail Southern & No Place Else!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

9. Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

UGA poser fans currently having a meltdown about this on Facebook lol

I'm in the second week at a new job, and found out in the interview the VP here is an Eagle grad. Both us have our blue on today. I think I'm in the right place!