TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blue Monday Fun

Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

I just tell'em its nice that thUGA gets a chance to play for 2nd place because UCF is the real champ.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post
    As I’m boarding the first flight of the day, the flight attendant commented on my Alumni luggage tag (the one with multiple holes punched out to keep it hanging on because I wore out the original). She said “Oh Georgia Southern!” I couldn’t resist. “”Absolutely,” I said. “Isn’t this the day all Georgians are supposed to wear blue ?” Which got a huge chuckle from those around me. “”Hey,I heard having to cheer for UGA because they are in Georgia, is like having to cheer for Satan because he’s in the Bible.” Which got a few “Ouch!” Remarks.
    lol, priceless! Now I don't care who you are that's funny right there.

3. Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

Quote Originally Posted by cmaxwellgsu View Post
    I'm in the second week at a new job, and found out in the interview the VP here is an Eagle grad. Both us have our blue on today. I think I'm in the right place!
    My office has pictures of Erk’s Last Game and Paulson Stadium on the walls but I’m the only one in blue....

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    My office has pictures of Erk’s Last Game and Paulson Stadium on the walls but I’m the only one in blue....
    Mine has Erk's Last Game and a framed picture of Ryan Hadden and a couple others from the defense standing over the Montana WR after he just got smashed in the 2000 NC Game. And I too, am the only one in blue today. Hail Southern!
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

I wouldn't say I would have done the whole National Blue Day but since we have committed to it, I am supporting it. I didn't like that we are giving them the added publicity. Should have just ignored them, let em have their day. Who cares.

That said, the amount of alumni, most seem to be pre-football, that are arguing they can support both and encourage it is disappointing. It screams small school.

What the Bulloch County Board of commissioners did was embarrassing. Any commissioner that defends that post should face strong opposition in the next election. There are only two higher institutions they should be publicly supporting in their offical role, and they are GSU and OTC. UGA doesn't do crap for bulloch county.

I've had the unique opportunity of seeing how to large football institutions incorporate their fans and students: GSU (undergrad) and TAMU (grad school). GSU needs to pin point more "traditions". Embrace the "hail Southern" greet. Highlight cheers such as " hail -- southern, hail -- crApp St--, hell no". Fix the alumni- job network. I've reached out to a number of Southern grads seeking advice/ interviews and didn't even receive a simple "can't do" reply. Highlight, bring back, create more traditions and hammer them in. The laterns for graduation. The GSU bush. Build a bell tower for a more traditional higher education feeling.

Southern is my true love. I am just a young, poor Alumnus who sees clear opportunities and issues we need to tackle. Build the culture, the family, the image and True Blue will follow. The institution has to build it, you can't rely on spontaneous true blue days, tweets or the fan base to do it.
    Last edited by bigdoc91; 8th January 2018 at 10:15 AM.

Unreal.

The reason Bulloch County government offices shouldn't be pushing the whole red/black stuff is simple.

Georgia Southern is responsible for a ~$500 million impact on the local area. Armstrong was responsible for ~$200 million in economic impact. With the merger, Georgia Southern now has close to a 3/4 of a BILLION dollar impact on the region.

People personally doing it is one thing. Organizations that rely on the schools and what they provide should not **** where they eat.

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post

Unreal.
    Let's all report that account.

No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheEagleWay View Post

Unreal.
    Welp they can go to hell.

That whole "didn't have the grades for UGA" argument is always the one that bothers me. I was accepted into GT and Georgia Southern out of high school. I'm sure I would have been accepted to UGA but I didn't apply.

10. Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Welp they can go to hell.

That whole "didn't have the grades for UGA" argument is always the one that bothers me. I was accepted into GT and Georgia Southern out of high school. I'm sure I would have been accepted to UGA but I didn't apply.

Being an engineer I didn't even bother applying to UGA. I applied to GT, Southern Poly, and GS. Southern Poly was really just a back up to a back up. Georgia Southern offered me a scholarship before I was even accepted at GT. GT told me I most likely wasn't at candidate for a scholarship at GT so the choice was pretty easy.