TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Blue Monday Fun

Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

My high school's Salutatorian went to a local two year school right out of college. She could have gone wherever. Everyone has their own life, their own story and their own reasons for going where they do.

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    I didn't want to go to UGA because I wanted something smaller and quieter. Also, UGA isn't Duke, my guy. My dog could get accepted there.
    You must have a pretty smart dog... I understand being disgruntled by the UGAg fanbase and their pretentiousness, but to insult their academics is just dumb. Don't get me wrong, its not Duke, and I know some folks that got in that make you question it, but their admissions ain't a complete joke. Insulting their admissions/academics makes you sound desperate, which ain't a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post
    As I’m boarding the first flight of the day, the flight attendant commented on my Alumni luggage tag (the one with multiple holes punched out to keep it hanging on because I wore out the original). She said “Oh Georgia Southern!” I couldn’t resist. “”Absolutely,” I said. “Isn’t this the day all Georgians are supposed to wear blue ?” Which got a huge chuckle from those around me. “”Hey,I heard having to cheer for UGA because they are in Georgia, is like having to cheer for Satan because he’s in the Bible.” Which got a few “Ouch!” Remarks.

To HELL with thUGA and GS alums that root for them.
    Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

I got called out by a GSU grad for not wearing red today, I was wearing all blue and white and simply told her no thank you.

Yea, I'm in all blue as well today. I also told my staff that they should wear blue also, and they actually did it! (granted, none of them care about UGA football, but hey, at least I don't have to see any red at all today!)
    Cameron Smith
    GS Student 2007-2011
    GS Fanatic 2007-the end of time

Unfortunately I work with a lot of black and red grads. At least 2 forked out the money to the game. There are at least 10/75ish.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

7. Default Re: Blue Monday Fun

I'm wearing blue and white plaid shirt with my Ga Southern Dugout Club hat on. **Disclaimer** I had this set aside to wear today even before the Lunsford Declararion
    Robbie May
    SOAR - 1995
    BBA - Finance
    Class of 1998

I'm wearing green, as usual. But in my heart I'm wearing blue and white.
    Drew Geer
    Georgia Southern University 1991-1995
    BA History

Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS
    I didn't want to go to UGA because I wanted something smaller and quieter. Also, UGA isn't Duke, my guy. My dog could get accepted there.

You must have a pretty smart dog... I understand being disgruntled by the UGAg fanbase and their pretentiousness, but to insult their academics is just dumb. Don't get me wrong, its not Duke, and I know some folks that got in that make you question it, but their admissions ain't a complete joke. Insulting their admissions/academics makes you sound desperate, which ain't a good look.
    I understand what both you mean. I will say while I was at TAMU from grad school I had to take a few "staked" classes my first semester. Don't let anyone tell you Southern's academic prestige is less than UGA's, FSU's, etc. The material compared favorably with upper-level classes I took at Southern. And yes, they had the same number of "questionable" students who people wonder how the hell they are still in school.
    Having a high number of prestiges professors (most don't teach, the one's that do usually offer very limited attendance classes) and a crap load of research money are the only thing separating Southern from schools like UGA. Not the student body.
    Last edited by bigdoc91; 8th January 2018 at 04:58 PM. Reason: cited wrong quote

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglebilly View Post
    As I’m boarding the first flight of the day, the flight attendant commented on my Alumni luggage tag (the one with multiple holes punched out to keep it hanging on because I wore out the original). She said “Oh Georgia Southern!” I couldn’t resist. “”Absolutely,” I said. “Isn’t this the day all Georgians are supposed to wear blue ?” Which got a huge chuckle from those around me. “”Hey,I heard having to cheer for UGA because they are in Georgia, is like having to cheer for Satan because he’s in the Bible.” Which got a few “Ouch!” Remarks.
    Dilly, Dilly!