TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,915

    Default Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    Iím experiencing some issues with speed or page refreshes being unusually slow or unresponsive. Iím accessing the site via phone and through the website and not using ForumRunner.

    Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My other sites are acting normal. All apps on my iPhone X are acting snappy as usual. Just gsufans mobile website moving slow.
    Aaron Stone
    GS Alum & Class of '95
    Health/PE Degree
    gsufans.com Donor
    gsufans.com member since 2007
    Sugar Hill, GA

  2. Default Re: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    I’m experiencing some issues with speed or page refreshes being unusually slow or unresponsive. I’m accessing the site via phone and through the website and not using ForumRunner.

    Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My other sites are acting normal. All apps on my iPhone X are acting snappy as usual. Just gsufans mobile website moving slow.
    It's not just mobile. I'm looking into it right now.

  3. Default Re: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Iím experiencing some issues with speed or page refreshes being unusually slow or unresponsive. Iím accessing the site via phone and through the website and not using ForumRunner.

    Is anyone else experiencing this issue? My other sites are acting normal. All apps on my iPhone X are acting snappy as usual. Just gsufans mobile website moving slow.
    It's not just mobile. I'm looking into it right now.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,915

    Default Re: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    It's not just mobile. I'm looking into it right now.
    Thanks brother!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    27,222

    Default Re: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    I blame Intel.

    I'm betting the Meltdown/Spectre fix messed up the server.


  6. Default Re: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    I blame Intel.

    I'm betting the Meltdown/Spectre fix messed up the server.
    I can't confirm because Amazon won't confirm, but yeah, more than likely. CPU was humming right along until yesterday, then we saw about a 30% surge that our CPU Credits couldn't keep up with. (This really only makes sense if you're familiar with Amazon AWS EC2 instances.)

  7. #7

    Default Re: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    Quote Originally Posted by Klak View Post
    I can't confirm because Amazon won't confirm, but yeah, more than likely. CPU was humming right along until yesterday, then we saw about a 30% surge that our CPU Credits couldn't keep up with. (This really only makes sense if you're familiar with Amazon AWS EC2 instances.)
    Amazon is set to make a killing off this fix for Spectre aren't they?

  8. Default Re: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    Quote Originally Posted by southern edumacation View Post
    Amazon is set to make a killing off this fix for Spectre aren't they?
    Uh yeah, everyone has to basically bump up one level.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Sugar Hill, Ga
    Posts
    10,915

    Default Re: Mobile Platform - Speed issues

    The site is running smoothly for me now. Thanks for whatever youíve done to help!

Similar Threads

  1. Where's the speed?
    By 1Eagle in forum The Flight Line
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 15th November 2009, 06:26 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •