TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any guesses on schedule?

Default Any guesses on schedule?

We're about a month from schedule release, and it's the slowest part of the offseason right now. We know when all four OOC games will be played, but it's hard to really place where the conference games will take place. I looked up which weeks our opponents are already playing and we're open, narrowing down who could be where. This isn't as effective later in the season, where it just becomes a crap shoot to guess who we're playing.

9/1/18: Presbytirian
    9/8/18: UMASS
    9/15/18: @Clemson
    9/22/18: @ULM

9/29/18: BYE WEEK

10/6/2018: Arkansas State
    10/13/2018: @Coastal Carolina
    10/20/2018: @New Mexico State
    10/27/2018: Troy
    11/1/2018: App State (Thursday)
    11/10/2018: @Texas State

11/17/2018: BYE WEEK

11/24/2018: @Georgia State
    12/1/2018: South Alabama

Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Getting two of App, Troy, and Ark State on Saturday is wishful thinking, unless ESPN has lost interest in televising our games after the last 2 seasons.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Think of the worst possible scenario and thats probably what we will see. I expect 2 of 3 if not all 3 of App, ArkSt, and Troy being weekday games.

I believe we start the Conference Championship Game this year which should be on 12/1, so we will probably only have one Bye Week, and end regular season play on Nov 24th.
    We have the privilege of two Georgia Southerns...the one that is known, from the past and the present; However, we also have access to the Georgia Southern University of our ambition....E.Y.E.S. / Alum

We played at CCU last year.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Things got screwed up with the conference divisions. We play at CCU 2 years in a row, and ArkSt plays here 2 years in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    We're repeating due to the new schedule rotation for the championship game.

stAte is coming to us twice in a row.

8. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    Getting two of App, Troy, and Ark State on Saturday is wishful thinking, unless ESPN has lost interest in televising our games after the last 2 seasons.
    App @ GS and Ark State @ GS will both still be on weeknights. Both those games drew some of the best ratings from the Sun Belt games that were broadcasted last year, so unless ESPN thinks they can get more viewers with a different match up, we will still be playing on weeknights.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Think of the worst possible scenario and thats probably what we will see. I expect 2 of 3 if not all 3 of App, ArkSt, and Troy being weekday games.
    I don't think since we've joined the conference that anyone in the conference has had more than 2 weekday home games in one season. It must not be allowed in the TV contract.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I don't think since we've joined the conference that anyone in the conference has had more than 2 weekday home games in one season. It must not be allowed in the TV contract.
    But more often than not, if a team in the conference had 2, it was us.

stAte and Georgia Southern have carried the load of weekday home games. I think App has had 3 midweek games at home total. Two of them were us.