TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any guesses on schedule?

1. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

How the dates/bye week(s) play into this is yet to be seen, but IMO this is the most favorable schedule GS will probably ever have at the FBS level...

On the road against the weaker SBC foes and the stronger ones we play at home, a really weak OOC slate and only one money game. And, half the SBC is breaking in a new QB.

Even with a new staff, expectations should be high.

2. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Presbyterian is moving to a non-scholarship conference, I believe. I bet we replace them on our schedule.

Update: well, not moving conferences just removing scholarships from football...

3. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by True_Blue2010 View Post
    Presbyterian is moving to a non-scholarship conference, I believe. I bet we replace them on our schedule.

Update: well, not moving conferences just removing scholarships from football...
    Yes, they are moving conferences (Big South to Pioneer), but that will not be effective until 2020.

Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    How the dates/bye week(s) play into this is yet to be seen, but IMO this is the most favorable schedule GS will probably ever have at the FBS level...

On the road against the weaker SBC foes and the stronger ones we play at home, a really weak OOC slate and only one money game. And, half the SBC is breaking in a new QB.

The one conference road game that is going to be tougher than many think is ULM...

Caleb Evans is second in the conference in rushing yards among QBs behind Shai Werts and statistically passing is comparable to Brandon Silvers and Taylor Lamb. They were also at the top in many offensive statistical categories. Next year Evans is probably the best QB in the league.

Oh, and they absolutely torched App's 3-4 defense.

I really hope that game, Troy, App, and Ark State are going to all be after September and spread out.
    Last edited by BillyBob; 24th January 2018 at 04:08 PM.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post

It may sound crazy, but UMass wasn't that bad last year, at least not as bad as their record. a lot of narrow & one possession losses including to Tenn. They beat BYU, POUNDED us and beat App. They might be tough. I'll give you Presbyterian. And Clemson... That one might be easy.

6. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown View Post
    It may sound crazy, but UMass wasn't that bad last year, at least not as bad as their record. a lot of narrow & one possession losses including to Tenn. They beat BYU, POUNDED us and beat App. They might be tough. I'll give you Presbyterian. And Clemson... That one might be easy.
    UMASS might be "tough" but they should not be a challenge for GS. I image they will be ranked in the bottom third, if not bottom quarter, of all FBS programs. IMO definitely the easiest schedule we will likely ever have in FBS.

7. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    But more often than not, if a team in the conference had 2, it was us.

stAte and Georgia Southern have carried the load of weekday home games. I think App has had 3 midweek games at home total. Two of them were us.
    This is the first year since Troy started playing well that App has played GS, AState, and Troy in the same season. If they manage to avoid getting a few midweek games this year, than someone Truly has a compromising picture in Boone of Benson's last visit when he was at a nice meal, felt a little sleepy, and then suddenly woke up a few hours later completely naked in a field of goats...

8. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

It may be the easiest schedule we will ever have in the FBS, Eagleman, but that does niot mean we win more than 6, if that many. We have some major retooling to do, a lot of building confidence in young players, and leaning if our staff can coach the changes to the schemes. I don't know enought yet to hazard how "easy" this schedule will be in terms of wins and losses. But we should not be an embarrasment like in the Summers tenure.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBIRD73 View Post
    It may be the easiest schedule we will ever have in the FBS, Eagleman, but that does niot mean we win more than 6, if that many. We have some major retooling to do, a lot of building confidence in young players, and leaning if our staff can coach the changes to the schemes. I don't know enought yet to hazard how "easy" this schedule will be in terms of wins and losses. But we should not be an embarrasment like in the Summers tenure.
    +1

I imagine the conference championship game puts an end to Wednesday night games because there isn't the extra week. There were none in 2014 when the regular season ended the same week. I imagine App and Arkansas State will both be Thursday night games which means Troy will be a Saturday. I think that will be one of the biggest crowds we've seen at Paulson Stadium. Especially since there's a chance it could be homecoming.