TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any guesses on schedule?

1. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Yea.....
    We've had to do quick turnarounds every year since moving up. At least playing GAST, we wouldn't have to travel too far and could get back in time to get started.

Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

We're not playing a Saturday game and then turn around and play a Wednesday game. First time I have ever stated this on GSUFans, but...lead pipe lock.

Saturday/Thursday is bad enough but Saturday/Wednesday Coaches and Athletic admins will put their foot down and say no way not going to happen. ESPN would not even ask for that. If you are playing a Wednesday game you have a bye the week before. That will never ever ever ever ever change.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    We've had to do quick turnarounds every year since moving up. At least playing GAST, we wouldn't have to travel too far and could get back in time to get started.
    That's a 4 day turnaround.

Not happening.

No idea on the schedule, but I think you guys are right about the no Sat-Wed game, but you can have back to back Thursday night games and then have a Wednesday the week after the bye. I know why the Appy game will be on Thursday night, that first year in the Belt, that home game, the stadium was rocking and the ratings were good, Then going up there the next year same deal, I would be shocked unless there is a money game in the way, if we do not play Appy on Thursday from now on. Who knows about the others, but yeah I have a hard time believing the conference would allow a Wednesday game after a Saturday game.

Week 4 - Our only 4 options are Troy, @Coastal, @ULM, Or BYE

IF it's a BYE then that rules out any possibility of a Wednesday night game UNLESS we play a Wednesday game the week after a Thursday night game.
    Last edited by ToastyGS; 30th January 2018 at 02:45 PM.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Formerly known as TrueBlueAlum

When or when(ish) will the 2018 schedule be released?

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    When or when(ish) will the 2018 schedule be released?
    Always the beginning of March.

Might hear some leaks around the end of this month, but don't expect an official release until 1 March at the earliest.

As soon as it's official it'll be on gseagles.com and I think the Sun Belt website as well.

This is the answer you should expect for every year.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Always the beginning of March.

Might hear some leaks around the end of this month, but don't expect an official release until 1 March at the earliest.

As soon as it's official it'll be on gseagles.com and I think the Sun Belt website as well.

This is the answer you should expect for every year.
    Yup. The Sunbelt is the low man on the ESPN totem pole, so I am sure they send the Sunbelt their television schedule once they get everyone else squared away. Then the Sunbelt has to work around that and OOC schedules to fill in the blanks.

Isn't the SB in the running for the Bahamas Bowl this year or am I misremembering
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

10. Default Re: Any guesses on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Yup. The Sunbelt is the low man on the ESPN totem pole, so I am sure they send the Sunbelt their television schedule once they get everyone else squared away. Then the Sunbelt has to work around that and OOC schedules to fill in the blanks.
    Pretty Much

SBC sends league schedule rough draft to ESPN without dates in the early fall. ESPN responds by picking two conference games that it wants to put on Wednesday Night, and sends those back to the league near the end of the fall with the dates they have available to televise the games. SBC contacts member schools to warn them, and then works out the schedule to make those games work. In Late December/Early January the league sends back to ESPN a rough draft of the schedule with the Wednesday Night games included. By Mid February, ESPN must then respond by choosing 4-5 weekend games to move to a Thursday Night for ESPNU.

The SBC then has a couple weeks to make any final tweaks. (If a team is on the road the Saturday before a Thursday Road TV game, the league will often try to make small adjustments to switch that Saturday game to a home game if at all possible) and then sends a final copy to ESPN to sign off on. Schedule is then released March 1st.