TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any baseball news

Default Any baseball news

Any word on how practice is Going? Projected lineup and starters and is anyone going opening weekend in Athens? 5 or so of us from Atlanta will be there Saturday and Sunday. Big shoes to fill losing Cleveland and Baldwin.

Default Re: Any baseball news

Quote Originally Posted by gasouthern01 View Post
    Any word on how practice is Going? Projected lineup and starters and is anyone going opening weekend in Athens? 5 or so of us from Atlanta will be there Saturday and Sunday. Big shoes to fill losing Cleveland and Baldwin.
    I plan on going.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Check out @GSAthletics_BSB’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/GSAthletics_BSB/...516516352?s=09

We should seriously be a 3 bid conference, even though it would never happen. Not sure why Coastal is ahead of us. They are a great team, but we were better last year, and return most of our rotation from the second half.

I hope our starters can all fire on all cylinders. We usually have one of our returning starters underwhelm every year. Hope not to see that. Interested to see if Seth is a starter or if he takes the closer role, so we have his bat in the lineup.

My projection:
    Fri. Shuman
    Sat. Cohen
    Sun. Eichhorn
    But I have no connections to base this off of.

Edit: just saw article on gseagles.com listing Shuman as returning weekend starter.
    Last edited by AcctEagle221; 30th January 2018 at 01:36 PM.

Seth would be wasted in the closer role

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Seth would be wasted in the closer role
    Maybe, but if his bat is needed in the line up, you have to do what helps the team.

He isn't listed as a position player on the website. Besides, I'd argue overall he's most useful just starting.

Not only is Shuman going to be a weekend starter, I think he might just be the Friday night starter.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

I am only going off the fall classic lineups. He could be a Friday starter and a Sunday or Weekday DH on occasion I guess.

Picked third in our division, hope we are better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ6351 View Post
    Picked third in our division, hope we are better than that.
    Hope we are better than that as well, but we are sitting at 3rd in one of the toughest G5 divisions. Preseason rankings are kaput anyways, but hopefully it gives us a chip on our shoulders to play with.