TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any baseball news

Default Re: Any baseball news

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Hope we are better than that as well, but we are sitting at 3rd in one of the toughest G5 divisions. Preseason rankings are kaput anyways, but hopefully it gives us a chip on our shoulders to play with.
    We've got a roster with 1 senior and looks to be chock full of freshmen. I think basically being considered the best team outside of ULL, South Alabama, and Coastal is a fair bit of respect.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Schedule lines up well. Toughest road matchups will be UGA, SoMiss, USA, and TxSt. The other tough ones are all at home.
    Our 1 SR was with Armstrong last year, and we replace alot of guys, but we also have some youth returning. Will be fun to see this team develope and form their identity.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    We've got a roster with 1 senior and looks to be chock full of freshmen. I think basically being considered the best team outside of ULL, South Alabama, and Coastal is a fair bit of respect.
    +1, we are very young with a truck load of new kids but, we have arguably the best weekend 3 pitchers. Our two sophomore starting infielders(both starters last year) I would call veterans. We have lots of depth. At times look for Shuman to DH or play some at first. We got some kids that can go get it in the OF. It will again come down to timely hitting, good pitching and defense. Don't expect anyone hitting 15-20 HR's. We got some guys who can go yard but IMO, not consistently. Oh, and 2-3 kids will need to step up to be a midweek starter and a couple of closers.

I hear we will be solid at short and catcher
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Catcher is probably a weakness because I don't think we have any depth. Had two kids transfer out.

There is a reason they transferred out. If not going to play here, then go where they can play.

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    There is a reason they transferred out. If not going to play here, then go where they can play.
    I don't think that was the issue.

So about sixth in the Sun Belt preseason. Lovely.
    Too many Urkels on your team that's why your wins low

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimojoe View Post
    So about sixth in the Sun Belt preseason. Lovely.
    Wow. Every comment is just a breath of fresh air....

Shuman named preseason all-conference. Only underclassman on the list