TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Any baseball news

Default Re: Any baseball news

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSanders View Post
    Wow. Every comment is just a breath of fresh air....
    Consider the source

Quote Originally Posted by ChadWC View Post
    Consider the source
    Honestly I feel for him. Going through life that miserable has to be hard.

Hennon is optimistic about the offense this season.

The weekend rotation is as good as most powerhouse conference front lines.

If the offense and starters produce, the bullpen will decide whether we're a solid NCAA tournament team or a good team with a fatal flaw that can't get over the hump.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by CC Eagle View Post
    Hennon is optimistic about the offense this season.

The weekend rotation is as good as most powerhouse conference front lines.

If the offense and starters produce, the bullpen will decide whether we're a solid NCAA tournament team or a good team with a fatal flaw that can't get over the hump.
    You would think that with the number of pitchers on the roster, a few of them would step up and fill the role of solid long relief, closer and midweek starter. Those 3 roles remain the big question mark.

What about defense? We always seem to be plagued by the little things. I know you wouldn't expect this to be a big issue for a college team. Losing Baldy at center may make this season a little more boring. The catches that guy made....

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    What about defense? We always seem to be plagued by the little things. I know you wouldn't expect this to be a big issue for a college team. Losing Baldy at center may make this season a little more boring. The catches that guy made....
    From watching a scrimmage I think we got a couple of kids that can make some stellar plays in the outfield. I don't remember who the kid was but at the game I was at he made a running diving catch in center with feet towards the infield. That catch would have made Baldy proud! He left his feet and made a diving catch, great play.

I hear from some players that we will be pleasantly surprised with the freshman SS. They think our defense will be stronger this year. I wonder who will take over at first for big Cleve?

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I hear from some players that we will be pleasantly surprised with the freshman SS. They think our defense will be stronger this year. I wonder who will take over at first for big Cleve?
    My guess is Mason McWhorter

9. Default Re: Any baseball news

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    From watching a scrimmage I think we got a couple of kids that can make some stellar plays in the outfield. I don't remember who the kid was but at the game I was at he made a running diving catch in center with feet towards the infield. That catch would have made Baldy proud! He left his feet and made a diving catch, great play.
    that would be Chandler Corley, Armstrong's starting shortstop last year

Quote Originally Posted by hamilton View Post
    that would be Chandler Corley, Armstrong's starting shortstop last year
    All I know was it was one heck of a great catch!