TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Any baseball news

1. Default Re: Any baseball news

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    I hear from some players that we will be pleasantly surprised with the freshman SS. They think our defense will be stronger this year. I wonder who will take over at first for big Cleve?
    Good question, but (relative to replacing Cleve) I am less concerned about who is on first and more concerned about who will be producing the clutch HR's.

Default Re: Any baseball news

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    Good question, but (relative to replacing Cleve) I am less concerned about who is on first and more concerned about who will be producing the clutch HR's.
    Tyler will probably lead us in HR's. Don't expect a bunch of HR's. This is a team that will string a bunch of hits together, I'm more interested in team batting average vs team HR's

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    Tyler will probably lead us in HR's. Don't expect a bunch of HR's. This is a team that will string a bunch of hits together, I'm more interested in team batting average vs team HR's
    Roury out of the DH spot?

4. Default Re: Any baseball news

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    IMO they cannot be one dimensional, we need at least one legitimate HR threat.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Roury out of the DH spot?
    He had a great summer, it sure would be nice if he continues that. He hit some "dingers" and cut down on his strikeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    IMO they cannot be one dimensional, we need at least one legitimate HR threat.
    We have 3-5 guys who are HR threats, Seth being one of them but if your talking about a guy like Victor Roach, no, imo we don't have a Aaron Judge type kid. We have got a few kids who can go yard but I doubt we have anyone that will end up with over 15 HR's on the season.

Me +2 will be there. But the fiancé is a UGA grad....so only 2 haha

I have hopes that the offense will be more consistent, yet still not incredible. We have a few guys who can clear the fences and more who can shoot the gaps, but the damage will come when those things happen with runners on base. If we work counts and string hits together, we can put up good numbers without crushing the ball.

The defense should be as good or better. The rotation has a chance to be the best in the Sun Belt without much argument if all goes well.

The key is the bullpen. Last year, we could breathe pretty easy if we made it to the 7th inning with a lead. I'm not predicting a bad bullpen, but the fact is that on opening day, the only options at the back end of the bullpen will be freshmen, transfers, or guys who couldn't be trusted in big spots last season. Nothing's to say that those guys won't come through, but it is what it is until this year's stats prove otherwise.
    The thoughts and opinions discussed in this post are property of CC Eagle and should not be redistributed or retransmitted without the express written consent of Major League Baseball.

After last night I am ready for some baseball!
    Rick Kinney
    Class of 1980
    Irmo, SC

Went to baseball scrimmage yesterday, stayed 3 innings. Seth and Ike were the starting pitchers. Seth, 3 innings, 1 hit(infield single). Ike, 3 innings, NO hits. Both looked good, REAL good.