TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Unrealistic Future Predictions

Default Re: Unrealistic Future Predictions

We will win multiple Power 5 games over the next few years, be in the access bowl conversation, and not once finish in the top quarter of G5 teams in recruiting ratings.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

We will all be sitting here reading the board arguing about how important recruiting rankings are in 5 years... oh sorry, I read that as realistic future predictions.

3. Default Re: Unrealistic Future Predictions

Here’s something unrealistic:

We actually go a full game at some point without some stupid *** commentator calling us Ga State.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I cannot image TK trying to pull the plug on this Rivalry Trophy, now. Too much of a blow to the ego (and believe it or not, the reputation of GS) for us to terminate it after continuous beatings. IMO the only way to eliminate it is to contract it out for X years and mutually agree then that it will not be renewed.
    Agreed. What's worse - losing the trophy or begging to cancel the trophy because we get beat?
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by NewJersey GATA View Post
    Sorry but I'm just not seeing it. I never heard of the college while a student at Georgia Southern in early 2000. The first time I knew they had a football program was upon Southern entering the SBC.
    Not trying to be a %^&*#&@ here, but just because YOU don't know the history of the rivalry doesn't negate the rivalry. Whether we like it or not they are a rival. There can be more than one rival.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Quote Originally Posted by jcountry View Post
    Here’s something unrealistic:

We actually go a full game at some point without some stupid *** commentator calling us Ga State.
    It happens on ESPN2. Anything lower is when they f up our name. ESPNU and ESPN3.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

7. Default Re: Unrealistic Future Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    It happens on ESPN2. Anything lower is when they f up our name. ESPNU and ESPN3.
    It especially happens when we play another school with "state" in the name ie App State, Arkansas State, Texas State, Georgia State, New Mexico State, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ Eagle View Post
    Not trying to be a %^&*#&@ here, but just because YOU don't know the history of the rivalry doesn't negate the rivalry. Whether we like it or not they are a rival. There can be more than one rival.
    I'll try to review the Football history between the 2 schools and look at all the close contest over the past 30+ yrs for you. Unfortunately, I only care about Football as I don't have time to invest in the other sports (although I enjoy GSU baseball and their facilities).

Quote Originally Posted by Not Roger Inman View Post
    2019 13-0 Georgia Southern is highest rated group of 5 school

1)LSU recovers from their lost to us, finish 12-1
    2)LSU beats a one loss UGA squad in the SEC Championship
    3)Bowl officials wanting a real David vs Goliath storyline, Pair GSU vs UGA in the Peach Bowl
    4)Dawg fans are apoplectic After an emergency meeting, the BOR threatens to disband Georgia Southern football, if the bowl bid is accepted
    5)After intense national pressure, the BOR backs down.
    6) Eagles win!
    Like Button
    Once poked Chad Lunsford in the eye.

We beat Clemson next year.