TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NSD Website Rankings

1. Default NSD Website Rankings

"I believe political correctness is one of the most dangerous movements facing America." Erk Russell

Default Re: NSD Website Rankings

All meaningless...

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Rivals doesn't put much effort into G5 schools, so if you get a player ranked on there then they're one that has been seriously looked at.

ESPN, outside of the top 300 (and that might be pushing it) is fairly useless. Quin Williams is a ESPN 4 star so they did take notice of him. Same thing with Darion Anderson.

The most comprehensive look that the G5 gets is on 247, especially with no Scout anymore.

Btw, I saw the tweet from the school saying we were the highest ranked signing class in Georgia in terms of Georgia players. How the hell is Gast in Atlanta and their incoming class is only 22% from Georgia?

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    Rivals doesn't put much effort into G5 schools, so if you get a player ranked on there then they're one that has been seriously looked at.

ESPN, outside of the top 300 (and that might be pushing it) is fairly useless. Quin Williams is a ESPN 4 star so they did take notice of him. Same thing with Darion Anderson.

The most comprehensive look that the G5 gets is on 247, especially with no Scout anymore.

Btw, I saw the tweet from the school saying we were the highest ranked signing class in Georgia in terms of Georgia players. How the hell is Gast in Atlanta and their incoming class is only 22% from Georgia?
    Because they currently have terrible relationships with in-state schools. At least thats my guess.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueAlum View Post
    Because they currently have terrible relationships with in-state schools. At least thats my guess.
    You would think Sean Elliott wouldn't have bad relationships though due to his time with App and SCar.

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    You would think Sean Elliott wouldn't have bad relationships though due to his time with App and SCar.
    HE might not. But... SOMETHING has got to be up.
    Sean Payne
    Class of 2008 | Graphic Design
    Statesboro, GA

Quote Originally Posted by JDC325 View Post
    All meaningless...
    Well, if one has us at 1st and one has us at 6th, at least one of them has to be meaningless . . .

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    Well, if one has us at 1st and one has us at 6th, at least one of them has to be meaningless . . .

considering the one that has us at 6th shows us with 17 kids, I'm going with that one being meaningless

Quote Originally Posted by GATAlac El Dorado View Post
    ALL man ALL...

Dirk E. Sanchez, Overyonder, GA 2001

Quote Originally Posted by half-n-half View Post
    you missed JDC's point.

Could be varying reasons. My uneducated guess?

Curry and Miles were offering schollies to some with no other DI offers. Some even where their only offer period. They spent a lot of time recruiting DII talent to fill up the roster.
    They have had 1 winning season.
    Their facilities - the weight room is a shed. I'm not exaggerating. I pass it daily on Marta.
    The "campus" is a concrete jungle, not to mention filled with homeless people. I literally saw 25-30 walking from their campus to Phillips.

Fact - there is a lot of crime on campus. People getting mugged for their laptop/cell phones and other felonies. I served on a grand jury a few years ago for Fulton County. I "heard" somewhere around 1200 cases. That area around the courthouse, state campus, and bankhead hwy areas had by far the most cases.
    Last edited by 1peatfor7; 8th February 2018 at 09:37 AM.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"