TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NSD Website Rankings

Default Re: NSD Website Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Could be varying reasons. My uneducated guess?

Curry and Miles were offering schollies to some with no other DI offers. Some even where their only offer period. They spent a lot of time recruiting DII talent to fill up the roster.
    They have had 1 winning season.
    Their facilities - the weight room is a shed. I'm not exaggerating. I pass it daily on Marta.
    The "campus" is a concrete jungle, not to mention filled with homeless people. I literally saw 25-30 walking from their campus to Phillips.

Fact - there is a lot of crime on campus. People getting mugged for their laptop/cell phones and other felonies. I served on a grand jury a few years ago for Fulton County. I "heard" somewhere around 1200 cases. That area around the courthouse, state campus, and bankhead hwy areas had by far the most cases.
    I would also add I don't think most HS coaches like the way their team acts and carries itself on the field as we have witnessed first hand.

2. Default Re: NSD Website Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by eaglewraith View Post
    How the hell is Gast in Atlanta and their incoming class is only 22% from Georgia?
    Because no Georgian in their right mind would willingly live in downtown Atlanta so they have to get kids that have never been to Atlanta before.

It's possible players and coaches outside the state do not know as much about some of the issues with Georgia State's program. From the outside looking in it looks like an up and coming program with a coach that has done a good job turning things around there. They might not know about the issues with the campus and the football facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by studenteagle View Post
    It's possible players and coaches outside the state do not know as much about some of the issues with Georgia State's program. From the outside looking in it looks like an up and coming program with a coach that has done a good job turning things around there. They might not know about the issues with the campus and the football facilities.
    It's possible, but they would see those issues on a visit.
    Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammo is cheap. Life is expensive

Regardless of what’s happening there internally, we need to get back to laying the smack down on them in Football. Put them in our rear view instead of hearing about a possible 4-peat at their Basketball game next year!

I think a large part of it could be that kids who grow up in metro atlanta have been to, and visited downtown atlanta and surrounding areas enough, and it's still so close to home, that they want something different than what they grew up with, and want to be a little further from home. The thought of mom being an hour away to come check on you, and having to deal with atlanta traffic all the time when you've dealt with it your whole life isn't all that appealing to a lot of kids. And, cities like Orlando and Tampa are much cooler cities than Atlanta. If I had to play for a big city school, it would be one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueBlueDrew View Post
    Because no Georgian in their right mind would willingly live in downtown Atlanta so they have to get kids that have never been to Atlanta before.
    This is exactly it. The State people don’t believe this reality, but people who live in Atlanta still view State as a commuter school and/or a night school. They are actually quite smart recruiting out of state kids who may find Atlanta appealing, and don’t have the preconceived notions of it being strictly a commuter school.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle95 View Post
    Regardless of what’s happening there internally, we need to get back to laying the smack down on them in Football. Put them in our rear view instead of hearing about a possible 4-peat at their Basketball game next year!
    +1 bazillion.

9. Default Re: NSD Website Rankings

Quote Originally Posted by 1peatfor7 View Post
    Could be varying reasons. My uneducated guess?

Curry and Miles were offering schollies to some with no other DI offers. Some even where their only offer period. They spent a lot of time recruiting DII talent to fill up the roster.
    They have had 1 winning season.
    Their facilities - the weight room is a shed. I'm not exaggerating. I pass it daily on Marta.
    The "campus" is a concrete jungle, not to mention filled with homeless people. I literally saw 25-30 walking from their campus to Phillips.

Fact - there is a lot of crime on campus. People getting mugged for their laptop/cell phones and other felonies. I served on a grand jury a few years ago for Fulton County. I "heard" somewhere around 1200 cases. That area around the courthouse, state campus, and bankhead hwy areas had by far the most cases.
    All of this is true, very true, but does not explain why State's class is only 22% Georgia kids.

Miles likely burned a lot of bridges for being so JUCO heavy. May be a factor.