TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on
     
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: PWOs

  1. Default PWOs

    Iíve seen a few tweets here and there but does anyone have a list or know who has signed as walk ones?

  2. #2

    Default Re: PWOs

    List I have compiled, with no authority, just off twitter:
    Quin Geer - Lee Co. MLB
    Anthony Beck - S. Effingham - P/ATH
    Payton Dunagan - W. Forsyth - LS
    Deonta Bembry - Stephenson - CB
    Kaylen Wright - Lanier Co. - OL/DL (not sure which)
    Bryce Christenson - Lambert HS - K

  3. #3

    Default Re: PWOs

    I'm not 100% sure about the "P" part, but I believe

    Logan Powell - Ola (McDonough) DE/LB

    is planning to Walk-On. My son showed me a post on his Instagram in a GS jersey as if on a visit, but I can't see it because it's private. He has been retweeting a lot of Southern/Edwin Jackson related stuff lately on his Twitter.

  4. #4

    Default Re: PWOs

    There are also a couple of guys with offers (not sure if PWO or schollys) that haven't signed (nothing public). I don't know if the door is closed on these guys or not:
    Reggie James - Chesatee HS (sp?) - ATH (LB/H-back) - may be a PWO on at a P5 which would explain no announcement
    Tyleek Collins - Hapeville - WR or DB (can't remember)
    Nykae Mack (sp?) - Island HS - ATH - says he is signing in Feb 22nd. Didn't say where.

  5. #5

    Default Re: PWOs

    Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    There are also a couple of guys with offers (not sure if PWO or schollys) that haven't signed (nothing public). I don't know if the door is closed on these guys or not:
    Reggie James - Chesatee HS (sp?) - ATH (LB/H-back) - may be a PWO on at a P5 which would explain no announcement
    Tyleek Collins - Hapeville - WR or DB (can't remember)
    Nykae Mack (sp?) - Island HS - ATH - says he is signing in Feb 22nd. Didn't say where.
    Any information on Chase Walker, RB, SE Bulloch? Undersized, but looks like a good, tough runner. And not a preferred walk-on, but what about hard commit Jallah Zeze - any word on him?

    Also, anyone see where espn ranked Dell McGee #1 college recruiter. Lunsford did a great job yesterday, along with his staff, so this is not meant as a criticism or in-your-face observation, other than to acknowledge Dell, and wonder if getting out from under TK might have been a real blessing for him (?)! Thankful for the job he did in the bowl game, and wishing him the best down the road!
    Last edited by bakerbacker; 8th February 2018 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Addtl. info.
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    24,131

    Default Re: PWOs

    Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about the "P" part, but I believe

    Logan Powell - Ola (McDonough) DE/LB

    is planning to Walk-On. My son showed me a post on his Instagram in a GS jersey as if on a visit, but I can't see it because it's private. He has been retweeting a lot of Southern/Edwin Jackson related stuff lately on his Twitter.
    I think only PWO's get to do visits like that.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Warner Robins, GA
    Posts
    24,131

    Default Re: PWOs

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post
    Any information on Chase Walker, RB, SE Bulloch? Undersized, but looks like a good, tough runner. And not a preferred walk-on, but what about hard commit Jallah Zeze - any word on him?

    Also, anyone see where espn ranked Dell McGee #1 college recruiter. Lunsford did a great job yesterday, along with his staff, so this is not meant as a criticism or in-your-face observation, other than to acknowledge Dell, and wonder if getting out from under TK might have been a real blessing for him (?)! Thankful for the job he did in the bowl game, and wishing him the best down the road!
    This is the second year in a row he's the #1 recruiter.

    His average recruit ranking on 247 is like .95......it's insane.


  8. #8

    Default Re: PWOs

    So, any word on Chase Walker? He reminds me of Jermaine Austin, so perhaps he got a late offer from a 1AA school - perhaps a SoCon program. When, if at all, does the school release information on preferred walk-ons? And what about the Zeze kid, any word there?

    I'm just as guilty as anyone, but this is the main problem I see with gsufans. Lack of real information. Someone asks a 100% sports-related question, and everyone runs for the hills. But if you want to get a ton of attention, just get subjective and emotional, fire-up and pee on (can't say pi$$ off, but you can say pee on) others, and BOOM! you got a 100 page+ long thread.

    I personally find most sports fans to be very illiterate when it comes to actual, precise, sports-knowledge. Even so-called true, passionate fans, for the most part stumble through any factual conversation about their team. It becomes very hard to get a straight answer.

    Someone on here knows the answer to the question, but because it isn't emotionally-charged the topic is non-sexy. I can get more information on TK's twitter usage than find out about truly substantive topics.

    Where does one go to communicate with authentic sports-minded individuals, particularly when it comes to Georgia Southern sports?
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Atlanta/Brookhaven
    Posts
    540

    Default Re: PWOs

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post
    So, any word on Chase Walker? He reminds me of Jermaine Austin, so perhaps he got a late offer from a 1AA school - perhaps a SoCon program. When, if at all, does the school release information on preferred walk-ons? And what about the Zeze kid, any word there?

    I'm just as guilty as anyone, but this is the main problem I see with gsufans. Lack of real information. Someone asks a 100% sports-related question, and everyone runs for the hills. But if you want to get a ton of attention, just get subjective and emotional, fire-up and pee on (can't say pi$$ off, but you can say pee on) others, and BOOM! you got a 100 page+ long thread.

    I personally find most sports fans to be very illiterate when it comes to actual, precise, sports-knowledge. Even so-called true, passionate fans, for the most part stumble through any factual conversation about their team. It becomes very hard to get a straight answer.

    Someone on here knows the answer to the question, but because it isn't emotionally-charged the topic is non-sexy. I can get more information on TK's twitter usage than find out about truly substantive topics.

    Where does one go to communicate with authentic sports-minded individuals, particularly when it comes to Georgia Southern sports?
    Bad day?

  10. #10

    Default Re: PWOs

    Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post
    So, any word on Chase Walker? He reminds me of Jermaine Austin, so perhaps he got a late offer from a 1AA school - perhaps a SoCon program. When, if at all, does the school release information on preferred walk-ons? And what about the Zeze kid, any word there?

    I'm just as guilty as anyone, but this is the main problem I see with gsufans. Lack of real information. Someone asks a 100% sports-related question, and everyone runs for the hills. But if you want to get a ton of attention, just get subjective and emotional, fire-up and pee on (can't say pi$$ off, but you can say pee on) others, and BOOM! you got a 100 page+ long thread.

    I personally find most sports fans to be very illiterate when it comes to actual, precise, sports-knowledge. Even so-called true, passionate fans, for the most part stumble through any factual conversation about their team. It becomes very hard to get a straight answer.

    Someone on here knows the answer to the question, but because it isn't emotionally-charged the topic is non-sexy. I can get more information on TK's twitter usage than find out about truly substantive topics.

    Where does one go to communicate with authentic sports-minded individuals, particularly when it comes to Georgia Southern sports?
    hmmmmmmm ........

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •