TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PWOs

1. Default PWOs

Iíve seen a few tweets here and there but does anyone have a list or know who has signed as walk ones?

Default Re: PWOs

List I have compiled, with no authority, just off twitter:
    Quin Geer - Lee Co. MLB
    Anthony Beck - S. Effingham - P/ATH
    Payton Dunagan - W. Forsyth - LS
    Deonta Bembry - Stephenson - CB
    Kaylen Wright - Lanier Co. - OL/DL (not sure which)
    Bryce Christenson - Lambert HS - K

I'm not 100% sure about the "P" part, but I believe

Logan Powell - Ola (McDonough) DE/LB

is planning to Walk-On. My son showed me a post on his Instagram in a GS jersey as if on a visit, but I can't see it because it's private. He has been retweeting a lot of Southern/Edwin Jackson related stuff lately on his Twitter.

There are also a couple of guys with offers (not sure if PWO or schollys) that haven't signed (nothing public). I don't know if the door is closed on these guys or not:
    Reggie James - Chesatee HS (sp?) - ATH (LB/H-back) - may be a PWO on at a P5 which would explain no announcement
    Tyleek Collins - Hapeville - WR or DB (can't remember)
    Nykae Mack (sp?) - Island HS - ATH - says he is signing in Feb 22nd. Didn't say where.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    There are also a couple of guys with offers (not sure if PWO or schollys) that haven't signed (nothing public). I don't know if the door is closed on these guys or not:
    Reggie James - Chesatee HS (sp?) - ATH (LB/H-back) - may be a PWO on at a P5 which would explain no announcement
    Tyleek Collins - Hapeville - WR or DB (can't remember)
    Nykae Mack (sp?) - Island HS - ATH - says he is signing in Feb 22nd. Didn't say where.
    Any information on Chase Walker, RB, SE Bulloch? Undersized, but looks like a good, tough runner. And not a preferred walk-on, but what about hard commit Jallah Zeze - any word on him?

Also, anyone see where espn ranked Dell McGee #1 college recruiter. Lunsford did a great job yesterday, along with his staff, so this is not meant as a criticism or in-your-face observation, other than to acknowledge Dell, and wonder if getting out from under TK might have been a real blessing for him (?)! Thankful for the job he did in the bowl game, and wishing him the best down the road!
    Last edited by bakerbacker; 8th February 2018 at 05:08 PM. Reason: Addtl. info.
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by boroeagle2 View Post
    I'm not 100% sure about the "P" part, but I believe

Logan Powell - Ola (McDonough) DE/LB

is planning to Walk-On. My son showed me a post on his Instagram in a GS jersey as if on a visit, but I can't see it because it's private. He has been retweeting a lot of Southern/Edwin Jackson related stuff lately on his Twitter.
    I think only PWO's get to do visits like that.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerbacker View Post
    Any information on Chase Walker, RB, SE Bulloch? Undersized, but looks like a good, tough runner. And not a preferred walk-on, but what about hard commit Jallah Zeze - any word on him?

Also, anyone see where espn ranked Dell McGee #1 college recruiter. Lunsford did a great job yesterday, along with his staff, so this is not meant as a criticism or in-your-face observation, other than to acknowledge Dell, and wonder if getting out from under TK might have been a real blessing for him (?)! Thankful for the job he did in the bowl game, and wishing him the best down the road!
    This is the second year in a row he's the #1 recruiter.

His average recruit ranking on 247 is like .95......it's insane.

So, any word on Chase Walker? He reminds me of Jermaine Austin, so perhaps he got a late offer from a 1AA school - perhaps a SoCon program. When, if at all, does the school release information on preferred walk-ons? And what about the Zeze kid, any word there?

I'm just as guilty as anyone, but this is the main problem I see with gsufans. Lack of real information. Someone asks a 100% sports-related question, and everyone runs for the hills. But if you want to get a ton of attention, just get subjective and emotional, fire-up and pee on (can't say pi$$ off, but you can say pee on) others, and BOOM! you got a 100 page+ long thread.

I personally find most sports fans to be very illiterate when it comes to actual, precise, sports-knowledge. Even so-called true, passionate fans, for the most part stumble through any factual conversation about their team. It becomes very hard to get a straight answer.

Someone on here knows the answer to the question, but because it isn't emotionally-charged the topic is non-sexy. I can get more information on TK's twitter usage than find out about truly substantive topics.

Where does one go to communicate with authentic sports-minded individuals, particularly when it comes to Georgia Southern sports?
    Fire Sam Baker! The rest will take care of itself.

So, any word on Chase Walker? He reminds me of Jermaine Austin, so perhaps he got a late offer from a 1AA school - perhaps a SoCon program. When, if at all, does the school release information on preferred walk-ons? And what about the Zeze kid, any word there?

I'm just as guilty as anyone, but this is the main problem I see with gsufans. Lack of real information. Someone asks a 100% sports-related question, and everyone runs for the hills. But if you want to get a ton of attention, just get subjective and emotional, fire-up and pee on (can't say pi$$ off, but you can say pee on) others, and BOOM! you got a 100 page+ long thread.

I personally find most sports fans to be very illiterate when it comes to actual, precise, sports-knowledge. Even so-called true, passionate fans, for the most part stumble through any factual conversation about their team. It becomes very hard to get a straight answer.

Someone on here knows the answer to the question, but because it isn't emotionally-charged the topic is non-sexy. I can get more information on TK's twitter usage than find out about truly substantive topics.

Where does one go to communicate with authentic sports-minded individuals, particularly when it comes to Georgia Southern sports?
    Bad day?

hmmmmmmm ........