0 0%
  • C-

0 0%
  • F

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grade the recruiting class

Default Grade the recruiting class

If this were a full recruiting cycle, I might give an A- with the only misgiving about whether we did enough at RB and OL. But with the situation being what it is I will go up to an A+.
    Don't choose to be annoyed. Choose to be amused.

If you think TK is the reason we don't have better non-conference football schedules, see this post.

Default Re: Grade the recruiting class

just looking at the Class as a whole, it's a solid B to B+. I give CL an A+ given the circumstances. We need to be int he 70's nationally at worst after this year.

3. Default Re: Grade the recruiting class

A+ is generous for the 87th ranked class in the country. The December signees have a lot to prove, B-

Ask me again in 2022

Quote Originally Posted by BravesBrownsGS View Post
    Ask me again in 2022
    so you won't be coming back until then?

Think we did ok at OL, we signed 3. Its unfortunate that we had to go JuCo, but I think we got 2 really good ones there that will buy us time to really evaluate some for next year. H/TE, RB, ILB, and DT would be where I would have added more, but at this point I have to trust that Lundsford knows the roster enough to make those calls.
    It will take time for CCL to get us where we need to be, but I hope we can start recruiting some guys well enougb ahead to start getting some early enrollees in the future. The more guys on the spring roster, the better we will be.

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    A+ is generous for the 87th ranked class in the country. The December signees have a lot to prove, B-
    Agreed. Nice parts of the class, but overall ranking leaves a bit to be desired.

8. Default Re: Grade the recruiting class

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    I think it’s a matter of perspective. A LOT of us are just stoked that we don’t have to use the phrase ‘dumpster fire’ in every other post!

I really think CL is the real deal! He gets players crazy stoked. If he just lets his experienced staff do their stuff, I think we will see stuff move very quickly in the right direction!

Considering we switched both coordinators and the defensive scheme after the initial signing period, I'm grading it as an A+. That's an outstanding job to go to the top of the Belt considering everything that changed after some of our conference mates had a fully signed class.

Thought to consider with our conference mates who signed full classes early. When players sign with G5s, the grading pretty much stops. Those players could have been adjusted up or down if they continued to get graded, but recruiting services don't care too much about G5 signees. The focus after that point is going to be the remaining guys with P5 offers. Who knows if a class like App would have gone up, down, or stayed the same. I wouldn't write off their class for that very reason. I'm not saying they are intentionally underscoring G5 guys. Im just saying all of the interest is going to be in the P5 guys.