TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MBB: ULM @ Eagles

Default Re: MBB: ULM @ Eagles

I tried to warn y’all before the season started. Same story, different year.

Quote Originally Posted by AcctEagle221 View Post
    Btw, the other GA team in oir conference put up 106 points to beat ULL. We better find some heart quick or we will suffer another embarrassing loss to a commuter school.
    No road team has won in this series in like 12 games or 14.
    No longer eating crow for saying "The TO is gone get over it!!"

Complete loss of focus on ULM’s last possession. We can’t let them have an open 3...and that’s exactly what we did. Didn’t play well enough to win tonight, deserved to lose but still stinks that we did.

Two things, 33% and 50%. Not going to win games shooting like that.

Guys, I know this team should be better but it's just not. This is not a good team. We continue to see the same freaking shot in clutch situations. We continue to shoot poorly from the field and the line. We continue to lose games we should be winning by double digits. I have a little bit of hope because the improvement from Hughes, but until Byington quits letting this team jack up three pointers any time they want we are going to get this result. This offense has no creativity. Byington' best year came when he was starting two big men every game. At some point you have to stop trying to be make something happen that isn't.

The ULM coach does a great job against us every year. He took Tookie out the game and used our switching man to man defense to get the matchup he wanted all night long. He worked Jake and OC all night long, CB never figured it out and made the adjustment.

Wash, rinse, repeat....

Scott Guy
    c/o '93 - BS in Computer Science
    Cumming, Ga
    Tailgating in B31

The coach for ULM is intense. He sells out his team to maybe get one road win or at least be competitive in one game. I’m sure he picked ours because the State team is probably the best team in the conference right now. His players have to be dog tired. The kid that had almost a 30/20 game played every minute of the game. They played 7 players all night. He limited us getting to the rim and forced us to make shots. Unfortunately, this teams shooting woes continue and down we go. ULM will lose by 30 Saturday in Atlanta. Their legs have to be shot with short recovery time. On the other hand, ULL will have fire in their eyes. No way in H we beat them Saturday and as Byington said post game “we could lose by 30.”

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    The coach for ULM is intense. He sells out his team to maybe get one road win or at least be competitive in one game. I’m sure he picked ours because the State team is probably the best team in the conference right now. His players have to be dog tired. The kid that had almost a 30/20 game played every minute of the game. They played 7 players all night. He limited us getting to the rim and forced us to make shots. Unfortunately, this teams shooting woes continue and down we go. ULM will lose by 30 Saturday in Atlanta. Their legs have to be shot with short recovery time. On the other hand, ULL will have fire in their eyes. No way in H we beat them Saturday and as Byington said post game “we could lose by 30.”
    "Unfortunately, this teams shooting woes continue and down we go". AMEN!, We defensively hold a team to the low 60's including an extra 5 min. and still lose the game. That isn't poor defense, that's poor shooting period.

10. Default Re: MBB: ULM @ Eagles

Did anybody hear Byington's post game comments? I missed it, but I am curious because after the StAte loss he said they really needed to get home and that should help improve the teams performance.