TrueGSU.com

Follow GSUFANS.com on

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: MBB: ULM @ Eagles

1. Default Re: MBB: ULM @ Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    it will be interesting to see what CB does with our 7 foot'er next year. The kid from the beginning of season untill now has matured. Also the kid from Iowa State. Another thing that popped into my mind is during our last road loss, the 61 fouls game. The TV guy who was a former HC said the way to defend Glenn is to overplay him to the right, make him go left, he's a much stronger offensive threat when he's allowed to go right. The guys right too.
    My guess is he will be the only 7 footer in the country with the green light to just heave up NBA range 3ptrs. JK, kinda. The decision to red shirt him because he is "too raw" seems ridiculous to me, now... Is Byington really "developing" him? I mean, the list of players that got better under him is not very long, is it?

Default Re: MBB: ULM @ Eagles

Quote Originally Posted by EAGLEMAN View Post
    My guess is he will be the only 7 footer in the country with the green light to just heave up NBA range 3ptrs. JK, kinda. The decision to red shirt him because he is "too raw" seems ridiculous to me now... Is Byington really "developing" him now? I mean, the list of players that got better under him is not very long, is it?
    Glenn has got much better. LOL about our 7 footer shooting 3ptrs!, of course Glenn is shooting 100% from "3"(smile).

All of our player have gotten better under CMB, but the gameplan hasn't changed. The only person who has gotten worse is BG, everyone else improves, but then doesn't get used right. Ike from 15-16 to 16-17 was a crazy improvement. Then he got hurt, and now he is playing spray and pray. CMB is a good recruiter and developer, just not a good Xs and Os or game manager. He needs someone to help him get ready for games badly.

If 4 guys on this team were shooting 5-9% points better in FG and 3's and foul shots we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Our bigs are playing the best ball of their careers but they don't see the court enough. I also don't know why Ike Smith doesn't attack the basket more. He took four shots Thursday that weren't threes. He's way too athletic to do that. The fact that Byington hasn't fixed that is completely on him. If it's because his foot that's on Byington too for not letting Jackson get more minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by garns 4 View Post
    BINGO!!!! BC was also a great recruiter.
    yep and not a very good floor coach

Quote Originally Posted by leeman View Post
    The coach for ULM is intense. He sells out his team to maybe get one road win or at least be competitive in one game. I’m sure he picked ours because the State team is probably the best team in the conference right now. His players have to be dog tired. The kid that had almost a 30/20 game played every minute of the game. They played 7 players all night. He limited us getting to the rim and forced us to make shots. Unfortunately, this teams shooting woes continue and down we go. ULM will lose by 30 Saturday in Atlanta. Their legs have to be shot with short recovery time. On the other hand, ULL will have fire in their eyes. No way in H we beat them Saturday and as Byington said post game “we could lose by 30.”
    opps......you missed that one

Quote Originally Posted by #1HOOPSTER View Post
    opps......you missed that one
    I agree. The kid who played 45 minutes against us played 45 minutes against State and had another double double! The kid that hit the 3 to beat us scored at will against State. I would say that is one of the most surprising scores of the year. They hadn’t won a road game all year and then sweep Ga. Crazy game and thanks for calling that out. What is that coach feeding those kids?